View Poll Results: Do you want to go to the Dallas Auto Show together?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, I'd like to go on Wednesday (4pm to 10pm).

0 0%
  • Yep, I'd like to go on Thursday (4pm to 10pm).

8 61.54%
  • Yep, I'd like to go on Friday (11am to 11pm).

2 15.38%
  • Yep, I'd like to go on Saturday (10am to 11pm).

1 7.69%
  • Yep, I'd like to go on Sunday (12noon to 8pm).

0 0%
  • Nope, I'm not going to make it this year... ya'll have fun!

2 15.38%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dallas Auto Show Poll

Probaly sometime in 2006. I'm on the 6 year plan.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92
    Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Side note to Miatamaniac92 - try to avoid getting Dr. Mills for Design I, Design II, or Manufacturing if you decide to follow the ME program. He's a royal idiot.

Iain
    [random interjection] you're ME? I didn't know that... me too :) [/random]
    Where at?
    I'm actually done... I graduated from University of Missouri - Rolla in May '01. Very glad to be done with that whoel *school* thing.. Just wish the job market was better.. When do you graduate?

Update:

A group of us is meeting at the 6th Floor Museum parking lot at 6pm. (Free Parking) and either carpooling or riding the train to the Convention Center. I imagine y'all are welcome to join us there if you don't wait to pay the $8 for parking at the Convention Center.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by droptop
    Update:

A group of us is meeting at the 6th Floor Museum parking lot at 6pm. (Free Parking) and either carpooling or riding the train to the Convention Center. I imagine y'all are welcome to join us there if you don't wait to pay the $8 for parking at the Convention Center.
    Appreciate the offer, but Kestrel wants us in the Mazda Booth at 6:00

He's German so we need to be on time! (That and I already told him I'd see him at 6:00)

= Herd of Cats!

Side note to Miatamaniac92 - try to avoid getting Dr. Mills for Design I, Design II, or Manufacturing if you decide to follow the ME program. He's a royal idiot.

Iain
    Where at?
    I'm actually done... I graduated from University of Missouri - Rolla in May '01. Very glad to be done with that whoel *school* thing.. Just wish the job market was better.. When do you graduate?
    I'm always amazed at how many engineers/aspiring engineers drive Miatas. :)

I'm a senior in the ME program at UTA, with every intention of graduating in December. So rx7gslse - are you working in the industry? Need any underpaid interns at your firm? Will work for a shot at a job upon graduation...

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I'm meeting the Outlaws at the Museum around 6ish b/c I can't be at the booth by 6. See y'all in there.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Iain
    Where at?
    I'm always amazed at how many engineers/aspiring engineers drive Miatas. :)

I'm a senior in the ME program at UTA, with every intention of graduating in December. So rx7gslse - are you working in the industry? Need any underpaid interns at your firm? Will work for a shot at a job upon graduation...

Iain
    I'm in the telecom Industry, so we're not exactly going great guns right now... I do however know that Peterbuilt in Denton is hiring a bunch of ME's over the next few months.. My roomate works up there and I know they like people who have car project type things... PM me if you wanna know more...

I think Lockheed is and so is Vought in Grand Prix. BTW Vought is actually a subsidary of Lockheed I think.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Another ME-in-progress here, but way behind you guys
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

I was an engineering student at Virginia Tech back many years ago. My minor was in Ping-Pong and Fraternaty Parties... which may explain why I didn't graduate as an Engineer from VaTech .

Now that we've established that, what the heck does this have to do with the Dallas Car Show? Talk about topic drift...

Back on track! The Auto Show was a ton of Fun!

We even were graced by a brief appearance from the legendary Mathews2004 clan! :o

As well as several other Miata pilots like Droptop,miatamaniac92, and several others. I never did run across Flyin96 or Gary, but word was they were lurking about!

Several of us followed up the show with a slab o meat at Hofbrau in the west end!

It was a good time! :afro:

Any stand out cars? Any cool concept cars?

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Not enough new cool stuff at the Auto Show this
    year.

Most Rusted Manifold from the Factory: Mitsu Evo

Biggest Letdown: No Lotus Elise in attendance.

Smallest Intercooler Ever with the Longest Intake Tract: MS MX5

Best New Vehicle I really Liked: New Mazda3

Biggest Waste of Vehicle: Dodge Truck w/ Viper engine

Best All New American Car: Ford GT

Smallest Drum Brakes Eva: Scion

Chris

Any stand out cars? Any cool concept cars?

Iain

Yeah, I was a little disappointed in the show this year too. Very few concept cars. And lots of cars -- either 2005 models or "serious" concept car -- were missing, like:
    • - Lotus Elise
      - Mazda Ibuki
      - 2005 M-B SLK
      - Porsche Carerra GT
      - Pontiac Solstice
      - 2005 Corvette C6
    Just to name a few. But it was still fun and reasonably interesting. That Ford GT is awesome, and the VW Do-rag... oops, excuse me... Tourag was really very nice (for an SUV). Really seemed to outclass all the other luxury SUVs (Lexus, M-B, BMW, etc).

Worth $10? Only to real car enthusiasts... like us!

We had to run due to a 2 year old meltdown. here are some of my random thoughts.

The Ford GT was awesome. I love looking at the engine. I also like how the nose of the SC pokes into the cabin between the seats. it must sound real cool. the new mustang had a big crowd. The Chrysler Crossfire looks nice in person. The new squarish 300 was pretty gangster looking, but I kinda like it. The Porsche GT3 was probably my favorite in the dream car catagory. Favorite car name ? The Ferrari Scagliotti. Also the Nissan (trashy) car girls looked like they may have been infected by the Scagliottis. Last, the new BMW 6 coupe was pretty nice.

For a future family mover, we liked the Volvo X90 and the Lexus RX 330? hybrid car suv wagon thingys. Don't tell my wife they are wagons, not SUVs! I also liked the Mazda 3 and the 6 wagon. I saw a mazdaspeed 6 wagon in Car and Driver.

Since I use trucks for work and daily drivers, I had to check out the new pickups. I wish the new Fords had been out when I bought my last truck. The new 4 door tundras are nice, but the roll down back window is a little gimicky. I would like to see someone drive down a dusty road with that window down. The new Nissan full size trucks are also nice. they are growing on me. Base model Muranos are ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathews2004
    Favorite car name ? The Ferrari Scagliotti. Also the Nissan (trashy) car girls looked like they may have been infected by the Scagliottis.
    I don't care who you are that's just funny!

Dang you guy know all those old Cadillacs at the show, I decided to look up the club and see what I could find out about them.

My research was shocking to say the least!

This is their Website and they are a Member and Dallas chapter of Lambda Car Club International.

So a little more research on who Lambda Car Club International, and I come to find out the following. The club is devoted to the enjoyment and exchange of information on old and special interest vehicles. While it's membership is comprised predominately of gay and lesbian people, membership is open to all open minded individuals who share a love and appreciation of older cars .

So if you go to one of there meeting and someone offers to push in your stool, run from the building!

Anyone want to by a Cadillac!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Anyone want to by a Cadillac!
    Is there something you'd like to share with us POS?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    ...push in your stool...
    My ears!!!

My favorite moment.

I was passing by the Oldsmobile display and noticed a beautiful 1950s Oldsmobile they had on display.

I jokingly made the comment, "So is this a new model coming out?"

The guy jokingly responds, "Yes, the new 2005 model."

I not so jokingly reply, "Finally, Oldsmobile is getting a good looking car!"

The Olds guy didn't seem to appreciate that!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123