Thread: Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S or Yokohama AVID H4s

Home: Midlothian, TX Work: Richardson, TX

Default Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S or Yokohama AVID H4s

Anyone have any experience with these tires? I'm looking at getting either these or the Yokohama AVID H4s. The Exaltos seem like the obvious choice, but I've see some reports about them causing the car to pull a lot more than other tires.

Any opinions? I'm primarily interested in treadwear and handling. I don't track this car any, and but I do like to drive pretty fast, and corner pretty hard occasionally.

Thanks,

-Tim
    Last edited by scorn001; 02-11-2008 at 10:22 AM. Reason: I'm not terribly smart.

I don't have experience with those tires but Tirerack.com gives detailed ratings and opinions of the tires they sell. YMMV

Just make sure to take the consumer reviews on the tire rack with a grain of salt.

Most consumers figure if it's got tread and rubber its at least a 9.0 on the rating scale.

My Khumo Ecsta ASX tires were rated high by the people buying them, but they are noisy as all get out and not that great at wet traction. The side wall give more than I like and they start out hard(almost flat spotted) in the morning on cool mornings until they warm up.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

I liked the H4S when I had them... But then I put a much cheaper Kumho (the 56 on the car in question. The Kumhos had better turn in response, were quieter and lasted longer. They were insanely cheap.

Personally, though, I'd pick the Falken 512 or 912 over either.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton