Thread: Anybody wear contacts?

Default Anybody wear contacts?

The folks at 1-800-Contacts sent me someone else's order a while back. I let them know and they never followed up on getting the the contacts back, even though I've reminded them. So they're sitting here and they're not my prescription. If they are the correct shape and power for anyone here, and you're interested, let me know.
    1-Day Acuvue
    3 boxes (30 per box) of:
    BC: 8.5
    Dia: 14.2
    D: -3.25

and 3 boxes (30 per box) of:
    D: -4.25

All expire late 2010.

If you can use them, make me an offer. Make me a trade! Come help me swap out my brakes next month!! Whatever! I can't use 'em, so if you can, PM me...

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey of Death View Post
    The folks at 1-800-Contacts sent me someone else's order a while back. I let them know and they never followed up on getting the the contacts back, even though I've reminded them. So they're sitting here and they're not my prescription. If they are the correct shape and power for anyone here, and you're interested, let me know.
    1-Day Acuvue
    3 boxes (30 per box) of:
    D: -3.25

and 3 boxes (30 per box) of:
    D: -4.25

All expire late 2010.

If you can use them, make me an offer. Make me a trade! Come help me swap out my brakes next month!! Whatever! I can't use 'em, so if you can, PM me...
    If you run out of luck, your local Lion's club may be able to find a home for them.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Yeah, but they probably won't be willing to help him with his brakes...
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Yeah, but they probably won't be willing to help him with his brakes...
    Just making sure they don't expire before they find a good home
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I was going to say i can use the 3.25 but really should go to someone who can use both.

I wear 1.50's, but I'm thinking about getting Lasik this year...
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by rfc View Post
    I was going to say i can use the 3.25 but really should go to someone who can use both.
    It's your call, but I think it is very unlikely that I'll find one person who's eyes have this exact correction combo, so I figured I'd have to split 'em up anyway. If you're like me and your eyes are both the same, you're set. Otherwise, it's still a 90 day supply for one of them (which figures out to about $90 worth of contacts). Or forget buying ones for the other eye and just go around winking or with an eye patch ...

It's important to get make sure the person getting them has the exact same Base curve and Diameter....otherwise it could cut of oxygen to the cornea if the lens is too tight.
    Just so you dont get yourself in a lawsuit.

The Lions club sounds like a real good option.
    99 Miata Black