Thread: New Guy checking in

Suspension Modder

Default New Guy checking in

Hi,
    My name is Ken Foster, a.k.a. "Twodoggs" I ran across a couple of Team Cheap Bastard guys at the speedway last sunday and they were very helpful and offered much sage advice on the fine art of Autocross and Miata stuff in general. I have an 04 Silver LS, Black top. I am a career Firefighter with 31 years at it and am an avid motorcyclist. I have been looking for you guys since I aquired the Miata as I want to find a bunch of people who aint scared to drive these suckers and can teach me to scare the heck out of unsuspecting passengers occasionally. The car is a hoot and will be part of me for some years to come. The best part is it's cheaper than an S-2k and as quick on a couse as far as I can tell...Dogg
    "Never pee off the angle deck"

Welcome to the board!

it's always good to have another ally on this part of town (I'm in Keller)

Now.. back to chasing those S2ks!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard!

It's nice having someone else that is WAY North of Arlington.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Banned
    Fort Worthless, Tx And deep in the land of STRESSSSSS!!!

31 years, good god how? my hats to you, I've been a paramedic ( and a few other things here and there) for 6 years active duty (navy)and 4 yaers reserves and I'm a volunteer firefighter in weathorford, I'm in nursing school right now. oh well enough of that welcome to the obsession its all uphill or down depending on how you look at it, the down hill is fun though.

rory

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome twodoggs! I was one of the Team Cheap Bastard guys you met this past Sunday. Hope to see you and your Miata at an AX soon!

Default Re: New Guy checking in

Welcome to the board, twodoggs!

Quote Originally Posted by twodoggs
    I have been looking for you guys since I aquired the Miata as I want to find a bunch of people who aint scared to drive these suckers and can teach me to scare the heck out of unsuspecting passengers occasionally...Dogg
    I think we can definitely help you there.

If you haven't stumbled across it yet, check out the Autocross Events section of the forum. There aren't too many events left this season, but we've got one coming up this weekend, and a double-header next weekend. Come on out and let us show you the ropes!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Suspension Modder

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcome!
    I must confess that I've had two previous Miata's that I bought to fix up and sell and only kept a short time. I had a 91 white and a 95 "M" Merlot. I grew very attached to them both in a real short time and nearly went into siezures when I sold each one. I was determined to have one of my own and the 04 is it. As for the 31 years as a firefighter, well, I'm too lazy to be in construction. I'm a former jarhead that got into Crash Rescue/Crash salvage back in 73 as a Marine. I got out in 79 and went to a City Fire department. I'm an EMT since 78 and Work at Carswell Fire Department presently. I run the Haz-Mat team there as well. I got into sports cars about 1994 when I swapped an 84 Eldorado to a fellow firefighter for a freshly overhauled 1979 MG-B. I loved that little car! It was a hole in the driveway you throw money in and I never really trusted it but it was a neat little car. Miata's to me, are all the fun of a British roadster that won't strand you somewhere. I would like to become one of ya'll should my driving abilities measure up. Are there tinker sessions in this outfit?.....Dogg

Banned

two dogs I keep trying to arrange a tinker and swap meet / sale but no one seems to be in. I'm in the reserves as a clinincal coprsman ( you jarheads call me DOC) and I love my mitata too. Every once in a while I'll run down the abandoned runway to "open her up" and she will go far let me tell you! so if you need any help or advice give me a call. Everyone knows the number 817-377-0524.
    I am only free weekends ( work, school and eveyother weekend it seems that my schedule fills up some how< and it has nothing to do with the miata , except that my money ends up there!)

rory

Suspension Modder

Rory,
    Thanks for the invite! I have a pretty bizarre schedule myself as I also am a truck driver on the side. I will hang out anytime I can though. I,as a jarhead usually kept the "Docs" liquored up when I was in the field especially at Bouge Field N.C. Our Corpsman had his own hooch and he lived in the back and we partied alot....Nuff Said...Dogg

Banned

OOOOOOAHHHHH! so how about this sunday say 1400 hrs? I have some stuff i have to do but i need a timing light ( i have tools ) I also have a bnch of crap That i need to unload for very small amounts of $$, might have something you need if not we'll tinker on the old girls or do both.

rory

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Welcome twodoggs! I was one of the Team Cheap Bastard guys you met this past Sunday. Hope to see you and your Miata at an AX soon!
    I'm the other CB! Glad to see ya found us! Appreciate your offer (on another post) to head butt my buddy at Hiley!

Suspension Modder

Default oops

Hey guys,
    Sorry I was a week late with a reply! I kept checking the wrong link I guess. Man I've got so much to learn about these Miata's I really need to get with you guys to learn tricks and maybe a beer and a ceegar! Yahoo!
    How did the auto cross go in Miserable Wells? I missed that too...Dogg

Banned

hey Twodoggs,

Didi you hear about the tech day in plano Its in the impromptu events page and I will be there, Meant to ask is this a byob oe are we doing like a pot luck deal. One way to find out ASK! I waited up for a call that sunday Bought beer and everything, I guess I had to drink it for you
    ha ha hah ha B the way you got drunk on the back lawn and passed out. Gotcha.

rory

Suspension Modder

Default I missed BEER ?!??

You mean I actually missed a free beer? Holy crap! I'll never be able to face the world again! Sorry bout that. I haven't read about the impromptu yet. I will be visiying my oldest daughter in Victoria this weekend. I will however, be in the area the weekend after this coming and will definately want to hang out then if somthing is going on...Dogg

Banned

hey twodoggs Give me a call tommorow and leave me a message Or I might be home tommorow ( day off and all ) You still have the number right? and we can talk about a tinker day.

rory

Welcome to the group.
    '91 Silverstone Greddy,Centerforce,Link,Tokico,GC,Momo,Signal,

Stiffy Chassis Systems " My Miata is sporting a Stiffy"

Suspension Modder

Thanks!....Dogg