Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: seat belt 90-92

Default WTB: seat belt 90-92

I am looking for the part the seat belt clips into on the driver and passenger side from a 90-92.

Michael The Schmeckel Ted the Red's Avatar

New seats for the silver miata?
    Michael
    1990 Classic Red "C" Package with Hardtop.
    1990 White project from Heck!

I am full of good ideas, just most people don't call it good ideas!

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I have a pair of '92 black seat belts, but not the receivers. If they will help, PM me.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

For the silver on if I keep it. It is really tough to fit in it with a helmet and hardtop. Looking like I might need to sell it.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Looking like I might need to sell it.

I keep hitting my head on the roof.

How many do you want??????
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

I keep hitting my head on the roof.
    Could you get a different seat/seat rails or take some padding out of the seat bottom?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Could you get a different seat/seat rails or take some padding out of the seat bottom?
    That sounds like what he plans on doing. Getting the early seatbelt receiver allows him to have the seatbelt connect to the transmission tunnel so he can replace the OEM seat.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    He's already done a major foam-ectomy on the seat. I sat in it at the SCCA event last week and that was the first question I asked (about his helmet clearing the hard top).

Default 91 seat belts connectors

I have 2 of them...

want em still?

yeah those connectors.... i got 2

I need a driver side and a passenger side. I am going to try an Ultrashield seat from Gary at TRD. I will need the receivers to bolt to the tunnel as I will lose the receivers on the seats. Where are you located and how much do you want?

I also need someone to make and weld a bracket on to the rollbar for a harness ring. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the replies.

I need a driver side and a passenger side. I am going to try an Ultrashield seat from Gary at TRD. I will need the receivers to bolt to the tunnel as I will lose the receivers on the seats. Where are you located and how much do you want?

I also need someone to make and weld a bracket on to the rollbar for a harness ring. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the replies.
    You really don't need tabs. Wrap them around the bar and use the same slotted plates as you use on the lap belts. It works just as well. My SSB/SM Miata was done that way for six years without any problems.

BTW, I have several sets of the seat belt receivers for the tunnel.
    Merv
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)

Thanks Merv. The roll bar does not have a harness bar. The straps would wrap around the diagonal on the roll bar. It would put the harness off center. Wouldn't this cause the seat to be pulled off center? On the other Miata it had a harness bar and the harness was wrapped around it, worked great.

Where can I pick up the seat belts?

Thanks Merv. The roll bar does not have a harness bar. The straps would wrap around the diagonal on the roll bar. It would put the harness off center. Wouldn't this cause the seat to be pulled off center? On the other Miata it had a harness bar and the harness was wrapped around it, worked great.

Where can I pick up the seat belts?
    You're right. That won't work. If you have no horizontal bar, where were you planing to put the tabs?

I live in Springtown, but I could bring them to work (Euless).

I was going to weld the tabs to the diagonal bar. But I think I am going to sell the car. Even with the race seat I don't think I will be 2" under the bar. Looks like an E46, E36, or an STi as a track car. What a good deal on a S/C Miata? PM me.

Neither one of us can make up our minds about our miatas!

I was going to weld the tabs to the diagonal bar. But I think I am going to sell the car. Even with the race seat I don't think I will be 2" under the bar. Looks like an E46, E36, or an STi as a track car. What a good deal on a S/C Miata? PM me.
    I know someone parting out an E36 M3 chassis. It actually has a 500 rwhp turbo setup in it right now.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Looks like an E46, E36, or an STi as a track car. What a good deal on a S/C Miata? PM me.
    RX-8.

Faster than an E36, loads cheaper than an E46, and a lot easier on tires than an STi. Seeing the damage that J-Fo's Evo did to my RA-1s in 6 runs at Mineral Wells made me leery about the tire budget for a nose heavy, camber-limited, Macstrut sedan. Come to think about it, that applies to the Bimmers as well. 2800 lbs > 3200+ lbs

They're well balanced, reasonably light, have incredible brakes, and enough power to make them entertaining. You can pick up low mileage ones all day for $15-16k. Add a set of shocks and springs or your choice of coilovers, some 17" wheels and some 255/40-17 track tires, and go have fun. You know they're quick - I seem to recall running down a certain silver Miata earlier this month at MSR, and we were both on the same tires.

Yes, mine has had it's share of issues (although every single one of them has been covered under warranty), but Jon's by comparison has 70k miles and hasn't had a single problem, so they're not all as fragile as mine.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast