Thread: Did anybody get pounded by the weather today?

Default Did anybody get pounded by the weather today?

I heard y'all had it pretty bad up north and out west. Somehow it completely missed me - I had about 6 drops of rain, but it got kinda windy.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

William, I heard there was a tornado near Mckinney, is all well?

We had a severe weather called at school and everybody had to get to interior walls for about 5 minutes in Flower mound. one bus driver told me there was a small area of really hard hail a few miles away.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

My brother reported hail in Lewisville... we got a little rain on Grapevine but nothing bad.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Nothing but a spit and blow

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Same here in Woodbine.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

I heard there was some good size hail in Frisco... It rained for 5 minutes here, but that was it.

I was stuck at the gate at DFW... Urg.

Robin heard the sirens go off in Lewisville today. She looked outside and watched a funnel cloud go off to the northeast. No rain or hail at our house - and no tornado thankfully.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Little bit of wind from the south, and it rained late morning, noon. Got real dark and threatened, but then kindly stopped threatening for me to walk home.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    What was that, like, twenty bucks?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    William, I heard there was a tornado near Mckinney, is all well?
    Yes. The sirens went off about 4:00 pm and again around 4:45 pm but both times it wasn't near me. The sirens were going off and it didn't look bad at all.

One of the kids in the neighborhood (latch-key kid) ran over my house to stay after he heard the first siren. He was spooked. Pretty uneventful where I was actually except for the aforementioned sirens.

I drove to work at 5pm with the top down. It was sunny and the temperature was perfect.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Yes. The sirens went off about 4:00 pm and again around 4:45 pm but both times it wasn't near me. The sirens were going off and it didn't look bad at all.
    Man... to hear it on KRLD you woulda thought The End Was Near up north... Glad to hear it wasn't All Hell Broke Loose up there.

F Brad Barton...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

The weather was f-ed up today!

I'm out doing my weekly automart today. My route takes me through addison, farmers branch, carollton, lewisville, flower mound, denton and gainesville. I always start from the south and work my way north.

It was raining lightly when I left plano this morning. I drove through off and on light rain, then heavy rain. Around lunch, I stop to get some Taco Cabana off of Webb Chapel and 635. It was drizzling when I walked in, then blazing sunshine when I walk out. I work my way through carrollton, up towards lewisville and it's just overcast. As I progress through lewisville the rain builds throughout my route. I'm at my last stop, a mobil station, right off of FM 407 in Flower Mound, on the phone with my boss, and it's suddenly hailing. I pull the car under the cover of the gas pumps and within 30 seconds, 10.....15..... 20...... 25 cars are suddenly are packed under the same covering as me. So we sit there for 15-20 minutes watching hail increase in size from pea gravel to ping pong ball sized hail!!! The hail finally clears and I head toward I-35E to head back home. I jump on George Bush and head east. By the time I get to George Bush and Coit there isn't a drop of rain and the sun is blazing. WTF!?!?!

I looked north, though, and it was an eerie shade of gray/black. According to the national weather service alert, I was only a few miles from a tornado that was near frisco.

Odd weather in odd locations.