Thread: Found a Westfield FS in North Carolina

Default Found a Westfield FS in North Carolina

I know a lot of you guys are lusting after these (Titus... ), so I thought I'd pass this on. Especially since I've never seen one for sale (but then again, I'm not really looking, either).

LINKIE

Yep.. that guy sells turn-key "built to order" kit cars. He built that one over a year ago and used it on the car show circuit to generate sales. It has been for sale for most of that time, but his price is a little unreasonable. I suspect this is on purpose. In theory, when someone is interested in the car they learn that he can build one to their spec for not much more, so they end up ordering a new one.

If you build it yourself how much money do you save?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    but his price is a little unreasonable.
    Good thing he didn't try to sell it on the S2000 board! I remember this one guy from Oklahoma who was trying to sell an S2000 for a price that was a little high...

Yep.. that guy sells turn-key "built to order" kit cars. He built that one over a year ago and used it on the car show circuit to generate sales. It has been for sale for most of that time, but his price is a little unreasonable. I suspect this is on purpose. In theory, when someone is interested in the car they learn that he can build one to their spec for not much more, so they end up ordering a new one.
    I figured you'd probably have the scoop on it As I mentioned, I don't know much about them, or appropriate pricing, but I was surprised to see one on Craigslist. But if he's using it as a marketing tool to drum up new business, that makes much more sense.

And CosmosMpower has a good question; how much do you (potentially) save by building it yourself?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Good thing he didn't try to sell it on the S2000 board! I remember this one guy from Oklahoma who was trying to sell an S2000 for a price that was a little high...
    Careful sparky that kid may know Kung Fu!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Careful sparky that kid may know Kung Fu!
    Or just have a HK USP compact .45
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Or just have a HK USP compact .45
    Is that what rattled around it the trunk and broke your Lotus??

The Westfield kit starts at around $17k. With a typical $1k donor Miata, you can usually get all the parts off of it that you need and sell the rest for enough to get your $1k back. If the labor involved in stripping the donor and selling the extras is too much for you, you can buy all the donor parts freshened up and on a palate for $2500-3500 depending on the donor year. FM charges $5000 for assembly. That puts a base 1.6 turn-key at around $24.5k. The price was about $4000 cheaper but they have gone up do to the weak dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Is that what rattled around it the trunk and broke your Lotus??

It was a dead body...
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

The Westfield kit starts at around $17k. With a typical $1k donor Miata, you can usually get all the parts off of it that you need and sell the rest for enough to get your $1k back. If the labor involved in stripping the donor and selling the extras is too much for you, you can buy all the donor parts freshened up and on a palate for $2500-3500 depending on the donor year. FM charges $5000 for assembly. That puts a base 1.6 turn-key at around $24.5k. The price was about $4000 cheaper but they have gone up do to the weak dollar.
    So basically 17K if you can make your money back on the donor car and put everything together, not bad at all less than half the price of a turnkey S2000 Ultralite.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    So basically 17K if you can make your money back on the donor car and put everything together, not bad at all less than half the price of a turnkey S2000 Ultralite.
    Yep... I hope to get the cost down to under $12k on mine by going with a company that lets me avoid the weak dollar vs pound.