Thread: DFW RoadRally to Texas Motor Speedway

Default DFW RoadRally to Texas Motor Speedway

The first RoadRally in the 2008 SCCA Championship Series will be held May 3rd.

The Rally to the Race will, begin at Subaru of Plano, and end at Texas Motor Speedway for the SCCA Sunburn Grand Prix roadraces.

This year's course is a little longer and a little faster, with more rural roads that you will enjoy driving.

You can pre-register (and save $5) at http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/texas...x?EventID=3295

The new flyer is up on http://www.texasscca.org/rttr8flyer1.pdf. For those of you who ran last year, much remains the same: start place, start time, teams....what has changed is a new route heading straight north out into the country, with more fun roads than the past few years.

As of today (Apr 29) we have more trophies than entrants, so it's a good time to enter if you like hardware.

sccarally
    [email protected]
    Last edited by sccarally; 04-29-2008 at 09:16 PM. Reason: change title

bump

Carazzie and I may do this.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    bump

Carazzie and I may do this.
    You will enjoy it. Just remember, what's said in a rally cannot be held against you after the rally.

I would do this, but I will be killing cones in a formerly nationally competitive car

I did it a couple of years ago and had a blast. Just watch out for Tailchaser and his posse.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    You will enjoy it. Just remember, what's said in a rally cannot be held against you after the rally.

I would do this, but I will be killing cones in a formerly nationally competitive car

I did it a couple of years ago and had a blast. Just watch out for Tailchaser and his posse.
    Yes. Please do not run over us. Hopefully the rally organizer reviewed the route that will be traversed by 3300 cyclists and isn't running cars over the same roads.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Here's a really great article about the 06 event

Rally Article Link

"Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Default Yo we representin' the MME homies.

We're goin'. We'll probably register as non-members since we don't have scca memberships yet. If we don't kill each other and do the next one then we'll join up I guess. We'll be takin' the NC with Carazzie navigating. Hope to see some of ya'll if not on the rally then at the track.

MME EASTSIDE!!!!!

peaceout

So where's the report and article Nails???

Unhappy

It was OK but I personally prefer the "spirited" drives with the Lone Star group. After those drive we all sit down together for a meal and socialize and talk about our cars and future events. It's a very friendly atmosphere.

The rally had some conflicts, and maybe I didn't understand the rules well enough or was just too stupid to be a navigator. But the end of the rally was anticlimatic. Everyone just stood around in the parking lot waiting for the results...the waiting around was so annoying we almost left before the results were finally announced...some did leave.

It wasn't worth the $35 entry fee to drive around looking for things that in some cases, were conflicting - and another $15 to $20 for gas.

Some of the roads were enjoyable and I would have rather been driving than navigating.