Thread: Real Racing game coming to iPhone...

Default Real Racing game coming to iPhone...

Another reason why I love my iPhone.

Should be in the app store by Christmas.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Well, at least it looks realistic.

09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Sweet! With the 3G iphone's battery life, that ought to run for about four minutes before it drains flat.

Of course, the battery will probably last longer if you just turn off the graphics and drive by sound, right?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Sweet! With the 3G iphone's battery life, that ought to run for about four minutes before it drains flat.

Of course, the battery will probably last longer if you just turn off the graphics and drive by sound, right?
    It will be like driving a Mod car!

The big drains are the 3G, GPS and automatic downloading of messages. These are all easily turned off. You will not need any of these features while playing the game or getting calls.

The 3G is for running Safari, the GPS (called Location Services) is only for apps that like to pinpoint your current location and the and the auto checking of accounts is not a necessary service which I pretty much leave off.

Heavy usage for me requires one charge a day. Big difference compared to my Motorola RAZR but I never used smart phone application on it and it's Non-3G network lasted a good 4-5 days.
    ...and across the line.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    The big drains are the 3G, GPS and automatic downloading of messages. These are all easily turned off.
    Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of having a 3G iphone?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of having a 3G iphone?

All 3G smart phones are battery hogs and the iPhone actually lasts longer than the competition. Again, 3G is only necessary for quickly browsing the web when a wi-fi spot is not available. It's an easy function to enable or disable.

If you wanted to play the game, disable the other resources and play. You can still get calls on the Edge network.
    ...and across the line.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    All 3G smart phones are battery hogs and the iPhone actually lasts longer than the competition. Again, 3G is only necessary for quickly browsing the web when a wi-fi spot is not available. It's an easy function to enable or disable.
    Thanks for trying to educate me on smartphones, but I've had a 3G smartphone for over a year. One that lasts more than a day on a charge, and typical usage for me includes email, web browsing, several hours of mp3 playback per day, plus texting and phone calls. Here's a hint - it wasn't made by Apple.
    Iain

My phone doesn't have all those fancy things!

<--Not me, just my phone.

My car phone has better reception though.

Slightly on topic, but amusing:

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/conte...lso/index.html

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Thanks for trying to educate me on smartphones, but I've had a 3G smartphone for over a year. One that lasts more than a day on a charge, and typical usage for me includes email, web browsing, several hours of mp3 playback per day, plus texting and phone calls. Here's a hint - it wasn't made by Apple.

According to PC World, the iPhone battery life is actually very competitive to other 3G smart phones.

You may like your Blackjack but I'd rather have the simple and intuitive iPhone interface over the Windows CE of the Blackjack. Let's not even go into the superior internet interface of the iPhone.
    ...and across the line.

Arguing with iPhone owners is like arguing with one of these:

09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

...and across the line.

2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07