Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, I'm done. . .

Default Well, I'm done. . .

With college! Turned in my last paper today, now all that is left is graduation, which is Saturday. Now I have to find a real job. . . . How are the other students doing?
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Congrats.....my daughter graduated from TT in Dec.......accounting is hot at this moment, its a shame she hates it.

Congrats!

I expect to keep my 4.0 and get all A's in my Spring classes. After two classes this Summer and I'll have my Associates. From there, I'll start on my major in Graphic Arts at either UNT or A&M Commerce. I'll likely take as many of the art classes that will transfer at Collin County first though.

So basically I have another two - three years! Oi!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

PARTAAAYYYYYY!!!! Congrats blackzx3!

Hey, it only took me 7 years to get my undergrad, and that was with a LOT of screwing off.

BR, I know UNT and ET (sorry, A&M Commerce) both have really good Graphic Arts programs but, IMHO, UNT might have a little more to offer (yes, I'm a Mean Green alum and I spent some time in the Art program... ). Plus, Denton's a little closer to you...
    Last edited by trickyrix; 05-07-2008 at 07:54 AM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post

BR, I know UNT an ET (sorry, A&M Commerce) both have really good Graphic Arts programs but, IMHO, UNT might have a little more to offer (yes, I'm a Mean Green alum and I spent some time in the Art program... ). Plus, Denton's a little closer to you...
    Good to know. Thanks!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Congrats Daniel.

Talking

Nice Job Sparky!

Talking

Does this mean that now you'll have time to finish my painting?

Congrats!!!!!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Congrats, It is a great feeling to finally be done with school
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Congrats! What was your major?
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Congrats, Daniel! What kind of job are you looking for?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Anything really, its a history degree, and I'll be getting teacher certified also. I would like to work in a museum, or archive though.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Congrats.

It seems like only yesterday we were mocking your choice of schools; now we get to mock your career!

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Congratulations. I hope you find a job soon.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Congrats! I guess it was worth missing the tour to graduate

UNT is a decent school but Denton is a craphole, I bailed out of there as soon as I got out of class every day for 4 years. I can't believe it's been 3 years since I graduated already.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Denton isn't a crap hole.......just certain parts of it. If you hadn't bailed everyday after class maybe you'd have learned that.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Denton isn't a crap hole.......just certain parts of it. If you hadn't bailed everyday after class maybe you'd have learned that.
    As can be said of almost every city/town. Congrats Daniel! I suggest going with a teaching job, while constantly keeping an eye out for the museum gig. I also suggest taking a break of a year from school, then go for a grad degree that will earn the bigger pacheck in the museum world.

This is actually pretty selfish advice though. I'm a closet museum junkie and would expect free entry, and behind the scenes tours, for all the sage advice that was just imparted on you,

The world is yours. You have a great start. Keep going!. In 20 years, it will all make sense. LOL.

Congrats again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast