Thread: Grand Caravan?

Default Grand Caravan?

Saw this one on craigslist. Our Explorer has issues and I'm wondering if someone nearby could check this one out for me in Sherman.
    Thanks.

Dang... That is one cheap people carrier.

I think Ken O's wife has had her minivan longer than the allowed 30 days, so perhaps you can pick up a loaded Honda for cheap. You should PM him.

Cone-cerned is coming with me this evening to check it out. Hopefully not too good to be true.
    Anybody have a Carfax account?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65 View Post
    Anybody have a Carfax account?
    TrickyRix usually does.

Yep, I've got a CarFax account... PM me a VIN and an email address where I can send the report.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

One caveat, check the front brakes thoroughly. When I was working as a tech in a Chrysler dealership, those vans were well known for their 15-20K front brake pad life. If, by chance, they were run down to the metal backing plates, the heat could have caused damage to rotors/calipers. Look for any signs of excessive heat, like discoloration.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Well did ya get the Minivan dad??

Seemed to be priced appropriately. Front blower only worked on high so that probably needs replacement. Resistor packs usually burn out because of high current draw from a dying motor. It drove okay; I had low expectations though. Decently clean under the hood (not detailed, just clean) and there were no wrench marks on anything. Interior needed some TLC, okay a lot of TLC. My assistant had prior experience with this generation of Chryco minivan so that was greatly appreciated.

What actually cooled my interest was he's had it 2½ weeks but doesn't have the title. WTF?

Need something quick. Unfortunately we're still asset rich and cash poor. Her stupid house needs to find a buyer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65 View Post
    What actually cooled my interest was he's had it 2½ weeks but doesn't have the title. WTF?
    Did the ignition key look a lot like a standard Craftsman screwdriver by any chance?