Thread: Spring advice

Blog Entries

Default Spring advice

I need some advice on spring selection. I have replaced the shocks on my '94 with bilstein HDs and installed Tien S tech springs. I have been happy with the performance and stance of this setup until now....

Last Sunday at the NTAXs event I had another person in the car with my big ass and we were pretty consistently bottoming the suspension. I plan to do some track days this year and will have instructors in the car. I think a higher spring rate is called for. I have been looking at Eibach and FM springs but I can't find the spring rates for the Eibach springs.

Anybody out there know the spring rates or have recommendations for a heavier spring? I don't want to spend the money on a compete suspension swap
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Ground Control coilovers? Pick your spring rate, set your ride height. If you're not going to buy a matched spring/shock combo, then I think GCs are a much better option than any off-the-shelf lowering springs.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

if u don't want to switch to 2.5" springs and coilover sleeves, I would go with the FM springs. I have them with R pack Bilsteins, they are the stiffest (318/233)OEM size aftermarket springs. The mild drop also gives you more travel.

I am experiencing with ebay coilovers with new bilstein HDs. Just using the sleeves from the kits.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".