Thread: O'Reily oil rebate!

ForSale O'Reily oil rebate!

I went in to O'Reily Auto Parts and they are having one of those good rebates for Valvoline Full synthetic and 1/2 Synthetic oils.

Full synthetic $6.19/Qt with a $4.69 rebate. After rebate = 6qts for $9.
    1/2 synthetic $3.99/Qt with a $2.99 rebate. After rebate = 6qts for $6.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

If you go for this, make sure you get the case so you can get the UPC code off the bottom. Otherwise you end up attaching the little tamper proof rings to a 3 x 5 card, messy oily hassle.

Blog Entries

Wal-Mart over here sells Valvolene full synthetic, regular or high milage at $12.67 per 5 quart container straight up no rebate. I30&Beltline in Garland. = $2.53 per quart.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

I know this off topic, but... how is Vavoline full syn compares to M1? TCB wants to know .... M1 5qt at Wallie Word is over $22!
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    I know this off topic, but... how is Vavoline full syn compares to M1? TCB wants to know .... M1 5qt at Wallie Word is over $22!
    FWIW this test makes the Mobil look like a better choice, but I'm sure if I look long enough I can find a test that makes the Valvoline look better.

http://www.go-synthetic.com/amsoil_t...l_testing.html

Bah, no reason to put synthetic in a Miata, mine runs great on Castrol GTX. I recently tried GTX high mileage and it works even better, no more ticking even after about 1,500 miles like all the other oils I've tried.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

The way I look at the Valvoline and Syntec deals are the $hit was cheap so I change it a bit early at 2500 miles :)

I've used full synthetic in 3 miatas and they were always fast with no residue on any parts internally. Synthetic oil just flat protects better :)

I like M1 Amsoil and Redline though. But for this price the Val is not a bad deal :)
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Bah, no reason to put synthetic in a Miata, mine runs great on Castrol GTX. I recently tried GTX high mileage and it works even better, no more ticking even after about 1,500 miles like all the other oils I've tried.

FI is the best reason. I wouldn't run a turbo with regular DINO. The extended drain intervals is good also.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    FI is the best reason. I wouldn't run a turbo with regular DINO. The extended drain intervals is good also.

Chris
    True, but I was talking about a stock N/A engine if you change your oil every 3,000 there's really no need. Besides even though synthetic won't break down as fast your oil filter usually gets clogged and dirty first so you might as well change it more frequently with the cheap stuff.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    you might as well change it more frequently with the cheap stuff.
    Hahaha! You keep doing that.

When I was working on multi million dollar vintage aircraft, we did a test of Royal Purple.
    I figured it would be against some recycled crap, but it was tested against Mobil 1.
    Wow, I was amazed how much better RP was over even M1.

I use RP, and just change the filter, then filter/oil.

I have not used assoil, I hear I evaporates. :zappa:

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Hahaha! You keep doing that.

When I was working on multi million dollar vintage aircraft, we did a test of Royal Purple.
    I figured it would be against some recycled crap, but it was tested against Mobil 1.
    Wow, I was amazed how much better RP was over even M1.

I use RP, and just change the filter, then filter/oil.

The car seems to be doing fine the last 175,000 miles on the cheap stuff so I will Besides with the savings you could probably get a cheap junkyard Miata engine anyways (5 quarts @ 10 bucks vs 5 quarts @ $40 times 53 oil changes=$1,750 ) it's no vintage aircraft engine just my pos beater
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post

I had a car that used to have that problem....
    ....Then I rebuilt the motor.

Seems rings have a way of doing that.

But really,

I used Amsoil in my Honda Civic Hybrid because it was the only oil, other than Honda, that I could find with a 0w-20 weight. It never lost an ounce in 5000 miles.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

maybe its just me but running fine is never good enough :) i wanna have a car that runs at its full potential 100% of the time :)
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    If you go for this, make sure you get the case so you can get the UPC code off the bottom. Otherwise you end up attaching the little tamper proof rings to a 3 x 5 card, messy oily hassle.
    If I had all the money I was supposed to get back from mail in rebates.....(fill in the blank) seriously I have had many companies just not send the check. even after resending the information they request several times.

I dont buy anything anymore where the deciding factor is a mail in rebate because for me it's just been a crapshoot.
    99 Miata Black