Thread: Experience with EdgeRacing.com?

Default Experience with EdgeRacing.com?

I'm looking at ordering a set of Toyo T1Rs from them for $96/tire, shipped. I've got a buddy that will mount 'em for me.

BTW, Discount Tire wanted $125/tire + all their BS...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Must be smaller tires than the ones I got last month. I got a price of about
    129 a tire in 235/40/17 size on Edge and told the manager at Discount. I said if he can match that plus 100 for mounting balancing and roadside warranty we'd have a deal. Originally, Discount quoted me a price almost 200 higher, but they matched edge plus 100 for the rest.

Anyway, since Edge has a history of database protection failure, (search it on Miata.net)...

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread...+racing+hacked

... caveat emptor.

Driver
    Blog Entries
    Mike Walsted - Not an expert, just a data point.
    1999 Miata
    2003 MIata
    1999 Miata
    2001 Kia Rio

I've not had any problems with Edge Racing. I have purchased several sets of tires from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Must be smaller tires than the ones I got last month. I got a price of about
    129 a tire in 235/40/17 size on Edge and told the manager at Discount. I said if he can match that plus 100 for mounting balancing and roadside warranty we'd have a deal. Originally, Discount quoted me a price almost 200 higher, but they matched edge plus 100 for the rest.

Anyway, since Edge has a history of database protection failure, (search it on Miata.net)...

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread...+racing+hacked

... caveat emptor.
    Yeah, I'm looking at 205/50-15 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I've not had any problems with Edge Racing. I have purchased several sets of tires from them.
    Looks like Edge has their shit together now, but I'll phone in my order just to be on the safer side.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

I ordered wheels and tires from Edge Racing earlier this year and they came in just as advertised. No problems here.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I ordered a set of tires and they were the correct price and size. No problems for me.

Thanks guys... already placed my order... tires should be here by Friday or Monday!
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Default Edgeracing was hacked.

Never said they would screw the order up. Phoning them didn't help either because they would type your info into the same database used by their site.
    I'm just warning you to keep an eye out for any charges on your card statement that you didn't authorize. I would think by now Edge has secured, if not removed from the internet entirely, their database.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Never said they would screw the order up. Phoning them didn't help either because they would type your info into the same database used by their site.
    I'm just warning you to keep an eye out for any charges on your card statement that you didn't authorize. I would think by now Edge has secured, if not removed from the internet entirely, their database.
    I was looking for info about service but the security issue arose after I saw your post. I did some digging on the pointy board and found threads about the security problems. That seems to be resolved (and from what I understand, they were only having problems with orders placed over the internet). Regardless, I'll be keeping an eye on my credit card account for any nefarious activity.

Honestly, I never would've thought to ask about Edge except that I've never used them, and Goodwin (which I've previously had good experience with) didn't have a good deal on the Toyos by themselves. Plus, my local Discount store gave the runaround on the T1Rs and now wants to upsell me to some new Toyo tire... which they'd still have to special-order. Pffft.
    Last edited by trickyrix; 06-24-2008 at 10:25 AM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Bought from them several times and never have any problem.
    Gabriel

Just an update... tires ordered this morning at 9:30 CDT... Egde has already emailed me a UPS tracking number. So far so good...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days