Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTF?

Default WTF?

Plus, helpful text message acronym list for parents!

http://www.wxii12.com/news/16699280/detail.html

OMG! NFW! FWIW this is a gud 411. Mayb the POS Shud DIY & RTFM

HTH

GTG BBIAB

BFN

AFK
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I always thought POS meant something else and MOOS was what a cow did.

Dilligaf?

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Dilligaf?
    I didn't go over the whole list, and didn't get to that one.

But it sounds like a skin infection or something?

Do I Look Like I Give A ...
    DILLIGAF
    Last edited by Nails; 06-30-2008 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Do I Look Like I Give A F---
    DILLIGAF
    Ahhh...brings back memories...that was what our 1SG called himself.

1SG DILLIGAF

He even had it etched on his nameplate on his desk.

He was super f-ing cool!!
    Last edited by ray_sir_6; 06-30-2008 at 10:57 AM. Reason: None offensive
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Quote Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
    Ahhh...brings back memories...that was what our 1SG called himself.

1SG DILLIGAF

He even had it etched on his nameplate on his desk.

He was super f-ing cool!!

Please remember that this is a public forum and that sometimes little ones may actually read your posts.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

I changed it.

I am a firm believer in using whatever words are in the dictionary. My baby's first words were "stupid jackass", so I might just be a little bit unconcerned about "bad" language and "curse words".
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

I changed it.

I am a firm believer in using whatever words are in the dictionary. My baby's first words were "stupid jackass", so I might just be a little bit unconcerned about "bad" language and "curse words".
    Were you ever able to get her to just call you "dad"?

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    Were you ever able to get her to just call you "dad"?
    That made me laugh.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Actually, that was her name for mommy for a long time. She got it from South Park, I believe, cause we never used that phrase. She can say sh*t, f*ck, d*ck, c*nt, a$$h*le, etc.

Actually, that was her name for mommy for a long time. She got it from South Park, I believe, cause we never used that phrase. She can say sh*t, f*ck, d*ck, c*nt, a$$h*le, etc.
    So, how old is your Sailor, er uh, child?
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Almost 3.

Wow... you must be so proud.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

I am. It's only words, and from most of the crap I see and hear, I prefer honest profanity.

Going through some old stuff recently, I found a little bar of soap, the kind you get in a hotel. It still had tiny toothmarks from the purpose it had served, many years ago, of cleaning one of those words out of my little girl's mouth.

If someone says, "That f*cking hurt" instead of "That really really REALLY hurt", where's the difference? So what is wrong with saying it either way? They are JUST WORDS.

If someone says, "That f*cking hurt" instead of "That really really REALLY hurt", where's the difference? So what is wrong with saying it either way? They are JUST WORDS.
    You'll find that those words will cause your daughter much pain and grief when her friends go home and tell their parents the new words they learned at your house. Parents talk, you know, and it won't be long before the playdates and birthday invites dry up. Have you considered what it will feel like for her to be a social outcast among her peers?

You obviously have the right to raise your kids in whatever manner you desire, but I'll let you in on something...most parents would blanch if they heard those words coming out of a three year olds mouth, and will try and ensure that their kids stay away from it.

Well, I feel the same way about the religious junk people spew, but I don't shut them out socially for it. We have our lil girl in a christian babysitting place, but we didn't pull her out cause of it. We just will explain reality to her when she is old enough to understand, in the meantime, we let the adults say whatever they want, no matter how offensive it is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast