Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NTS2KOC #2, July 26, 2008 - Mineral Wells

Default NTS2KOC #2, July 26, 2008 - Mineral Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Temming
    OK guys, it is finally time for Autocross #2 for this season. The weather of course will be warm but great. Mark your calendars now, register and spread the word concerning this event. If you have never been to one of these events, it is a must even if you don't intend to drive. Simply riding with others, can be a life changing experience.

What: NTS2KOC 2008 Championship Autocross #2
    When: Saturday July 26, 2008
    Where: Mineral Wells, TX - Click Here for Map
    Registration NOW OPEN: On-line registration is required and will be limited to 55 drivers. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER. Please pay close attention to Additional Fees. If you are not presently a member, you will need to pay for membership as part of the on-line registration. See membership options description below. First-come, first-served. Given we are encouraging S2000 owners to come out, there is no cap for S2000 participants. If you sign-up and find that you can't make it for some reason, please cancel on-line at least 24 hours in advance so others can have the opportunity to sign-up and so that you can receive a refund.

The details…

A. REGISTRATION:

1. Pre-Registration for NTS2KOC Autocrosses is required and can be accessed on-line at www.dlbracing.com/clubs/s2000. Registration will be capped at 55 drivers. Drivers who register in the competition class S2000 or S2000 R will not be subject to the cap. On-line registration for each event will commence at 6 AM on the Friday three weeks prior to the event and will subsequently close at 7 AM on the Friday prior to the event. Registration for the event will generally not be available on site.
    2. One time annual membership in the NTS2KOC is required and should be purchased during registration if you are not already a member for this calendar year. The cost of an annual Associate Membership is $10 -or- Regular Membership is $35. Membership is required for insurance purposes.
    3. The cost for each event is $25 for Regular Members. There is a $5 add for NTS2KOC club "Associate Members". Membership must be purchased on-line during event registration of at www.s2000.org.
    4. Licensed minors 16 years and older may participate in the event only with written parental consent. If the parent will not be not on site, confirmation of permission must be made prior to participation by contacting the track events coordinator. Minors under 16 may only ride in a vehicle owned and driven by their parent during fun runs (if conducted).
    5. All persons present at the event must sign a release waiver. Minors (under 1 must have waiver signed by parent or guardian.

B. COMPETITION FORMAT & SCHEDULE

1. The schedule is as follows:
    Saturday
    6:45am – Course Setup
    7:30-9:30am – Registration & Car Prep/Tech
    9:30am – Driver’s Meeting
    9:45am – Parade Lap
    10:00am – Session Begins
    Noon-1:00pm – Break for Lunch
    1:00pm – Session Begins
    Following afternoon session – Fun Runs & Course Tear Down
    2. The day will be divided into four sessions, drive two and work two, with each driver completing 4 timed runs per session totaling 8 runs per event.
    3. Drivers and passengers must wear seat belts and helmets while on the autocross course.
    4. Instructors are available. Please request an instructor at the registration desk.
    5. If you are not driving a particular session, you will be working. Work categories include timing/scoring, grid, instructing, and corner working.
    6. An entrant may only compete and earn points in one class per event.

C. EVENT SCORING SYSTEM & CAR CLASSIFICATION:

1. Every car whose driver completes all required corner work duties is eligible to receive scoring points according to the time standing in the driver’s class. A driver is allowed to receive points in only one class and one position per event. Points will be scored as follows:

Position Points per Class:
    9 points- First place
    6 points- Second place
    4 points- Third place
    3 points- Fourth place
    2 points- Fifth place
    1 point – Sixth place and all other participants in class

2. The club will award points during each of the five autocross's with a final championship trophy being awarded at the end of the season. Awards will be presented at the NTS2KOC December Holiday party. Trophies or certificates will be presented to competitors who have attended at least four events in the same class. Only the best four finishes for each driver will count towards the points total. If a driver changes classes during the season, any points accumulated in a given class will remain with that class and cannot be combined with points in any other class. In the event of a position points tie at the end of the year in a particular class, each driver’s best times from all events in which the tying competitors both competed will be added up and the lowest aggregate time will determine the winner of that position.
    3. Cars will be divided into several classes to provide reasonable competition. The default classes are S2000, S2000 R, Open, and Open R (with the differentiation being R-compound tire choice). Miata and Miata R may also be offered. Classification of other models will be based on attendance. A quota of at least four of a particular model is required for points to be awarded at an event. In order for a championship to be awarded, at least five of the events need to meet the quota. All models that do not form a class may compete for the championship in the Open classes.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Thanks for posting that up Dave, see you guys out there. Feel free to show up early to help course setup if you can make it, we're very shorthanded this season. Also feel free to bring me a birthday present, my b-day is the day before (25th) :)
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

I'm in who else is going. S2K always puts on a fun event with lots of runs. We need people to come out and support the S2K autocross if they are going to continune having autocrosses.

Our own jrj512 will be designing the course, but don't let that stop you from coming out. j/k

jrj512 always does fun courses.

I'm In, driving my friend's supercharged Civic. See some of you out there.
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I'm in who else is going. S2K always puts on a fun event with lots of runs. We need people to come out and support the S2K autocross if they are going to continune having autocrosses.

Our own jrj512 will be designing the course, but don't let that stop you from coming out. j/k

jrj512 always does fun courses.

He's right, there are talks of no more autocrosses next season for this club. The shortened season is more or less to see if we get any interest and at this rate it's not looking good for next year. I realize the Miata participation is usually good and the S2000 folks aren't showing up but we're recruiting some newbies.

If you enjoy these events and aren't a or require chalk lines come on out and show your support!
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

I preregistered on dlbracing for the event and received the email confirmation, but I am not shown on the entry list. Can some one help me out?

Thanks,
    Eric Carman
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Crosser View Post
    I preregistered on dlbracing for the event and received the email confirmation, but I am not shown on the entry list. Can some one help me out?

Thanks,
    Eric Carman
    Having some technical difficulties with the entry list. If you registered and got the email confirmation you are registered.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Thanks, I got the receipt.

Eric
    Eric

Y'all have fun, I can't make this one.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'm in.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    I'm in.
    Me too
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

It will make it a lot easier to set the course up if I take my truck to the event, so can I get a co-drive from anyone? I can pay $20 for the tire usage. I will also consider OTM offers.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I will also consider OTM offers.
    What class would a Ford Ranger run in?

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    What class would a Ford Ranger run in?
    Loser

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    It will make it a lot easier to set the course up if I take my truck to the event, so can I get a co-drive from anyone? I can pay $20 for the tire usage. I will also consider OTM offers.
    I would rather you drive my car than have to haul cones in my car. Just don't make my car vibrate.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    I would rather you drive my car than have to haul cones in my car. Just don't make my car vibrate.
    Thanks! Bring disinfectant.

This is weird, the S2000 drivers outnumber Miata entrants 2:1 usually it's the other way around. Are all of you just planning on signing up last minute? I promise I'll make the drivers meeting short like last time :)
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Ya know I thought I had registered but I don't see my name....

Did AXWare buy up DLB??

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Ya know I thought I had registered but I don't see my name....

Did AXWare buy up DLB??
    Vitek is taking over the world muahaha.

Not really...

Registration NOW OPEN: We are having problems with the communication link between PayPal and DLB Racing so please complete both of these simple steps. Note that On-line registration is required and will be limited to 55 drivers.

STEP 1 - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER. Please pay close attention to Additional Fees. If you are not presently a NTXS2k member (2008 membership), you will need to pay for membership as part of the on-line registration. See membership options description below. First-come, first-served. Given we are encouraging S2000 owners to come out, there is no cap for S2000 participants. If you sign-up and find that you can't make it for some reason, please cancel on-line at least 24 hours in advance so others can have the opportunity to sign-up and so that you can receive a refund.

STEP 2: Click HERE TO ADD YOUR NAME TO DRIVERS LIST.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Vitek is taking over the world muahaha.

Not really...

Registration NOW OPEN: We are having problems with the communication link between PayPal and DLB Racing so please complete both of these simple steps. Note that On-line registration is required and will be limited to 55 drivers.

STEP 1 - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER. Please pay close attention to Additional Fees. If you are not presently a NTXS2k member (2008 membership), you will need to pay for membership as part of the on-line registration. See membership options description below. First-come, first-served. Given we are encouraging S2000 owners to come out, there is no cap for S2000 participants. If you sign-up and find that you can't make it for some reason, please cancel on-line at least 24 hours in advance so others can have the opportunity to sign-up and so that you can receive a refund.

STEP 2: Click HERE TO ADD YOUR NAME TO DRIVERS LIST.
    Just saw this and tried to do step two, but it is telling me it is closed. I have been charged. Can someone add me to the Drivers List

Eric Carman
    Miata
    #85.

Thanks
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Crosser View Post
    Just saw this and tried to do step two, but it is telling me it is closed. I have been charged. Can someone add me to the Drivers List

Eric Carman
    Miata
    #85.

Thanks
    If you paid via paypal you're in, registration should not be closed until tonight at midnight.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast