Thread: Texas Drift Report

Default Texas Drift Report

Well went swimming this past Sunday. HAHA The rain made things a little slicker than anticipated, but still gave it all she had and had a blast. Spent the morning trying to get the track down. Of course I had the required spins to have a good time. The rain finally let up around 1:00 so I was able to get some clean runs in before the competition began at 3:00. Decided what the hell and ran in the competition along with twenty other cars. I even got my wife to ride with me and she had a blast. She is now my good luck charm and if she's willing will ride with me from now on. Anyhow out of the twenty cars in the competition I tied for fifth. Not first but better than I thought I would place for my first event. Definitely will be waiting for the next event, may even make a trip to Houston for one of their events if I can't wait for the next Texas Drift. Got some video but didn't get any pics unfortunately. If anyone was theere and got any let me know.
    '91 Silverstone Greddy,Centerforce,Link,Tokico,GC,Momo,Signal,

Stiffy Chassis Systems " My Miata is sporting a Stiffy"

i left at 11:30. not much fun. too wet
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

About an hour after you left the rain let up and it only drizzled off and on for most of the afternoon.
    '91 Silverstone Greddy,Centerforce,Link,Tokico,GC,Momo,Signal,

Stiffy Chassis Systems " My Miata is sporting a Stiffy"

awe, oh well, next time
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C

Contrary to my initial thoughts on drifting, I'd like to make it out to a Texas Drift event next season. I don't forsee it becoming a regular occurence (I go through enough tires as it is! ), but it looks like it could be fun.

Heck, all of us that went to Sunday's SCCA event at Pennington had plenty of opportunity to work on our mad drifting skillz - in the third heat you couldn't put power down anywhere (on race tires, at least) without getting sideways.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Contrary to my initial thoughts on drifting, I'd like to make it out to a Texas Drift event next season. I don't forsee it becoming a regular occurence (I go through enough tires as it is! ), but it looks like it could be fun.

Heck, all of us that went to Sunday's SCCA event at Pennington had plenty of opportunity to work on our mad drifting skillz - in the third heat you couldn't put power down anywhere (on race tires, at least) without getting sideways.
    Yeah... I still wanna know what helpful corner worker in corner 2 was so kind as to point out to me that drifting was at Mineral Wells that first three times I went around the bend looking over my left shoulder...

we left around 11:30 (my shoes were filling up with every step).

drove back to Ft.worth in the crappiest weather ever. once we got back to my shop to unload the 2nd gen rx7, we were hungry as hell. took my 1st gen rx7 to grab a burger. after drving down 7th street sideways for a few blocks, i realized we totally took the wrong car. that little loud bastard goes sideway if you just look at it.
    [email protected]
    "if it can be done cheap, we can do it. if you want it done right, we'd rather do that."

Thorage, do you know of a green 1st gen w/ a loud loud loud exhaust? Like no cat loud? Just saw him a while back in Arlington and wanted to know more about the car. Hopefully I can get a 1st or 2nd gen sometime soon to play with

I was going to go out to MW, but I was way too tired (bachelor party the night before ). Guess I'll have to wait til next year
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

haha, your ears will explode when you hear his if you think that no-cat car was loud....
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C

I've run my car open header (aftermarket) @ WOT before. This RX-7 was louder than that. I know what LOUD is

I would put it right up there w/ Rotary's maroon 3rd gen when the N20 button is hit. 580hp at 8,000rpm sounds mean, and very nice, I'll have that

Anyways, was just wondering if anybody knew the guy. I'd like to check the car out up close if I could.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge