Thread: Hot day in Austin

Default Hot day in Austin

I was looking at this story in the Statesman online.
    http://www.statesman.com/news/conten...04weather.html

Then I noticed this funny picture, keep in mind this is road construction in front of City Hall. I LoL'd

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

We're poor here, we only have 3 guys standing around watching the one guy actually working.

Global warming!

Er, I mean climate change!

Yeah, the weather has been ridiculous the last few days. My tweeter casings are coming apart in the Miata because they're getting so hot... I need a car cover.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Suspension Modder

Wow that lady in the article doesn't have a/c. How can you do that in Texas if you're young like she is? I understand electricity gets costly but damn!! A/C > eating out/smoking/drinking

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by azzenco View Post
    A/C > eating out/smoking/drinking
    Come on now... that's like asking a parent which one of their four kids they want saved and which three have to die.

Quote Originally Posted by azzenco View Post
    Wow that lady in the article doesn't have a/c. How can you do that in Texas if you're young like she is? I understand electricity gets costly but damn!! A/C > eating out/smoking/drinking

AC is a luxury, not a necessity. What are you referring to though?

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    Global warming!

Er, I mean climate change!

Yeah, the weather has been ridiculous the last few days. My tweeter casings are coming apart in the Miata because they're getting so hot... I need a car cover.
    I bought a solar powered fan that fits between the window and the top with the window rolled up tight. It does a good job of exhausting the heat when you leave the car in the sun. It's a cheap made piece of junk but it has held up this summer so far. $3.00 at Big Lots.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Quote Originally Posted by creek View Post
    I bought a solar powered fan that fits between the window and the top with the window rolled up tight. It does a good job of exhausting the heat when you leave the car in the sun. It's a cheap made piece of junk but it has held up this summer so far. $3.00 at Big Lots.
    Nice... I've seen those but never thought about actually buying one. Thanks for the tip, I may pick a couple up
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Suspension Modder

I wasn't referencing anything but damn, how can a/c not be a necessity with the weather this week?