Thread: FS: 1992 Toyota Previa Mini-van

Chassis Designer

Default FS: 1992 Toyota Previa Mini-van

1992 Toyota Previa RWD

No AWD or supercharger on this one, sorry.

Nice van for a family on a budget, gets great fuel milage, has plenty of room, and a smooth running four cylinder engine and automatic transmission.

The van itself has 209k miles on it BUT the engine is a low mile Japanese engine with ONLY ~35k MILES on it. So there is plenty of life left in this thing. The previous owner overheated the engine, how I dont know, and blew the head gasket. Due to cost and benefits of having a low milage motor I installed a JDM engine. The whole motor had to be removed anyway (mid engine design). Why not go back with a "new" engine instead of repairing the old one. The new engine runs very strong and I am very happy with the choice.

The van is equipped with power windows, locks, and mirrors. All the belts and tires are in good shape. Lots of the engine hoses are new. Everything has been recently serviced. All the fluids have been replaced. The battery is new. You can drive this van with no worries, any distance.

The front seats do have seat covers due to expected wear and tear but all the rear seats are in really good shape. There is a tear on the back of the far back left seat from cargo being hauled in the rear, I would assume. Other than that, the interior is in good condition.
    The far rear seats fold up to each side of the vanand the middle seat comes out very easily. So if you need to haul stuff around, it can do the job.

It is equipped with front and rear a/c but, the a/c compressor is currently removed and needs to be replaced. It had a leak at a compressor seal and the clutch had some wear, not slipping yet but could start soon. If you are willing to live without a/c then I will let the van go for $1995. But if you would like a brand new a/c compressor and clutch installed and then have the system vacumed down and charged then I will have that done for an addition $550.

If you have any questions or want to take a look at the van feel free to contact me. Either email me at [email protected] or call me at 214-289-5803. I have plenty of large pictures I can send you as well.

Thanks for looking,
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 08-08-2008 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Price Drop! ONLY $1995

Chassis Designer

*BUMP

Price has been reduced to $1995.

If you, or anyone you know, is interested please contact me. This is a great bang for the buck.

if this thing got down to $1500-1700 with working A/C I might have to get it.

I don't need a van but its close to a really good deal right now :)

Any funky stains inside that would make family members suspicious? Or is it pretty much ready to go?

Any worn suspension or steering parts?
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

Chassis Designer

No "crazy" stains or anything. Actuall, the interior is in pretty good condition. Has some wear but nothing like a 200k+ mile family would normally have thats for sure.

The steering and suspension are in pretty good shape. The shocks are fairly new and steerin feels good.

As for the price, its more than fair. I have come down on it and am below KBB.com and the normal going rate for the area in hopes to sell it soon.

I have no problem insall the a/c. All I am looking for is money to cover the cost of parts really. But I am sure if some construction worker, painter, or something like that wants this thing as a work truck then they wont care about having a/c and would rather save the money. So, I give the buyer the option.

I am sure it would be easier to sell if the a/c was already working, expecially in this heat, but I simply dont have the money sitting around to take care of it. This comes to the main reason I need to sell the van. I need money with things like a second kid on the way and a feeling like I may loose my job soon (really slow at work and I am one of the high paid guys).

So, I am sure I would entertain offers but, for me to come down to $1500-1700 with the a/c reapired you are talking about a $1000 difference that is simply unreasonable, sorry.

I don't blame ya for standing firm :) I was just saying that would be a deal thats hard to pass up for me.

I'd be so dead if I bought a 5th vehicle now though :)
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

Chassis Designer

SOLD

local guy saw it on the side of the road and bought it this morning.