Thread: $$$ co-drive at Nats

Default $$$ co-drive at Nats

I got asked what I would charge for a co-drive at Nationals. Not sure I want a co-drive but what is the going rate on a trophy car?

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    I got asked what I would charge for a co-drive at Nationals. Not sure I want a co-drive but what is the going rate on a trophy car?
    It helps if you have a car that can trophy first. What will you be driving that week?

With a GS Mini I'd probably charge more than with some other cars, since with two drivers you could conceivably go through a set of tires over the course of Nationals, especially if you run the practice.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

As usual, you are completely useless and have a gift for the obvious.

Thanks Princess, I love you too!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

My arrangement with co-driver's was that they pay my entry fees and half my tire costs (tire purchase, shaving, mounting). For long distance trips we also split travel and hotel costs 50-50, and used my trailer and his truck, but that may not apply if you don't live near each other.

I'll give ya two fiddy.

PM sent

don't want be appear to be Captain Obvious
    2009 MX-5 STR and track toy
    2003 Z06 -- Not a Miata, but 3200# and 400 RWHP is fun
    OTM -- 2012 Sierra, 2016 Impala (Appliances)

I forget what I charged but I think it was about $300 in my miata. It was 1/2 a set of tires. In return it was a miata with brand new sticker 710s that was set up and could get in the top 5 and possibly top 3.

I figured since I was driving up there anyway it wasn't a huge deal. I'd say splitting cost on tires is adequate. On the mini that's probably closer to $450.

IF you were splitting the driving up there then I'd split hotel and fuel costs as well. That's a deal for both of you that way.
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

Maybe thats why they wanna drive Ken's car? Less intimidating......then step up to a car like Jeff Schadt has but......oh wait....same car....nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    It helps if you have a car that can trophy first. What will you be driving that week?

With a GS Mini I'd probably charge more than with some other cars, since with two drivers you could conceivably go through a set of tires over the course of Nationals, especially if you run the practice.
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

Ken, your gamble will be weather. Ideally you won't want a codriver unless it's forecasted to be in the 50s or 60s. anything warmer and the tires will overheat with 2 drivers.

d