Thread: Hi y'all

Default Hi y'all

Hi y'all -

Well, I moved to Fort Worth from the UK in June after bidding a fond farewell to my NX , and am now the proud owner of a '96 Miata! I fully intend to exercise it in autocross, and if I can stump up the cash for a rollbar, maybe some fast stuff too.

Want to keep the car stock if possible for autox as once you get into beyond stock, there'll be lots of folks with more money than me! But for now, I'm working on basic maintenance, replacing fluids, trying to eliminate a pesky brake scraping sound coming from the back that won't go away, saving for some shocks, getting the engine working top banana, and so on.

So will hopefully see some of you in next year's autox events!

Neil

PS - I was told it was sunny here. It's rained as much as at home! Every time someone's come to visit from the UK, it has rained constantly all the time they're here. Not good enough...
    "Get to Heaven half an hour before the devil knows your dead"

www.myspace.com/theelectrics

'Ello Guvna!

Welcome to the insanity!

Yeah, the weather's been frustrating here... GRRRRR It's not usually THIS wet for this long, but it is the rainy season.

For the brakes: Check to see if the springs that push the pads back are missing. You may hear a rattling sound when going over bumps or a rubbing pad sound when driving if they are missing. Also check to see if the eBrake ajdustment is set too close. This only happens when you change out the pads and adjust it too tight as if you didn't adjust it it would just be too loose.

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Default Re: Hi y'all

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwizz
    Hi y'all -

PS - I was told it was sunny here. It's rained as much as at home!
    Welcome to the states Neil! It has been unusually wet this whole year! Before too long we will all be praying for rain.

The saying goes like this - If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    'Ello Guvna!
    Ignore channelmaniac. He just watched Mary Poppins again! :P

At least I didn't read about it.

Awight guvna

Pad springs - good tip, I'll check that, along with handbrake adjustment/over centering, plus grease the upper pins. Unfortunately, won't be able to go to the autox this weekend, as there's church stuff happening that I really have to be at, and the car's not in tip-top condition yet. I plan to spend winter getting completely sorted for enxt year!
    "Get to Heaven half an hour before the devil knows your dead"

www.myspace.com/theelectrics

While yer at it, you might as well replace the brake fluid too. It's probably nasty brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwizz
    Unfortunately, won't be able to go to the autox this weekend, as there's church stuff happening...
    Hey, don't worry about that stuff... your creator knows where you're at!

Take my word for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Welcome aboard! You would happen to move to DFW during the monsoon season!
    Yea no doubt! Welcome to the madness!

Welcome to the very fast lane of the information highway!!!
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Reciprocity? I went to the UK last year for a week. They were watering the lawn at Stonehenge and we only had "typical weather" on the way back to the airport our last morning

Welcome, and the AX this weekend is on Saturday if that makes any difference.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region