Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google browser

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Default Google browser

Chrome is now available and seems to work well.

LINK

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

You gettin a commission?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Still not available for Mac
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    You gettin a commission?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    Still not available for Mac

I didn't like it.

heh... for some reason, they don't have a plugin that will block Google Ads... go figure... back to Firefox...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post
    heh... for some reason, they don't have a plugin that will block Google Ads... go figure... back to Firefox...
    Were Google targeted ads added to every page? That would be in line with Google's thinking.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

I have heard bad things into the EULA. My coworker said something like "Almost as bas as Microsoft"

I haven't looked into it myself though.

Quote Originally Posted by MX-5EE View Post
    I have heard bad things into the EULA. My coworker said something like "Almost as bas as Microsoft"

I haven't looked into it myself though.
    Being the geek (and know-it-all asshole) that I am, I did some checking after seeing the reports about the EULA. This is some interesting reading - http://tapthehive.com/discuss/This_P...e_s_EULA_Sucks

I have to hand it to Google for the quick response to the uproar on the tubes.
    Last edited by autocrosspicturesnet; 09-03-2008 at 10:55 PM. Reason: typo

So why is this more better than what is already available??

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Because it's increasing competition for the faster, lighter browser while Microsoft just keeps filling Internet Explorer full of bloat.

Chrome appears to be a novelty at this point (at least to people like me that have heavily customized Firefox browsers)... but I'm sure that will change.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I'm no Google fan (Full Disclosure: I am a Yahoo! Stockholder).
    Thanks for the link Dennis. That's pretty interesting what Google is trying to do. It'll be fun to see if they hold this policy.

In related news, Lifehacker Browser Speed Test:
    http://lifehacker.com/5044668/beta-b...ich-is-fastest

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Firefox is twice as fast as Chrome or IE.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/

Sums it up better than I ever could. You would have to have some Computer Science background to follow it all though. Note though that this is merely what Google is claiming.

Looks like Microsoft is already trying to kill Chrome. This is what I get when trying to access my hotmail account.

Upgrade your web browser

We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes. To get started, choose one of the browsers below:

If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to Windows Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not be displayed properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Looks like Microsoft is already trying to kill Chrome. This is what I get when trying to access my hotmail account.

Microsoft is in the business of making money. I see nothing unethical about that screen nor out of the ordinary. Especially if Chrome only covers 3% of market share.

Plus, this is a pretty piss poor attempt if they really are trying to actively kill Chrome.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Don't feel too bad... I see this occasionally logging in using Firefox 3...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

I see it logging in to hotmail using Firefox 2 on Linux.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast