Thread: Ac hoses question

Default Ac hoses question

Well i took my car in for warranty and due to my extended warranty not covering hoses they could not fix my car. Anyways they said two hoses from the compressor need to be replaced and they could do it for $497. Is this something i could fix myself or should i just save up and fork over $497.

why do they need to be replaced? are they frayed to where theyre leaking? or is it just because the ac isnt blowing as cold as it once was? i think youll need another opinion, possibly all you need is a freon recharge...

Do you still have adequate compression? If it is leaking, you will be out of charge and the compressor would have been tossed b/o out of oil!? I think BAM is right that you should check the hoses yourself or have a second opinion! One of my 99 had a hole from a rock in the condensor. I was able to get an used one from Gary at TDR and did it myself for around $100. Actually, you get the hoses from Gary too if you really needed them.

Since you are so close to running out of warranty b/o milage, you may not want to drive it much until you have figured out what is wrong. It is a known fact that they have not intention to honor those extended warranty and make up BS excuses!

Don't worry in getting the air-hose back to me. I won't be needing it anytime soon.
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by aalvarez04 View Post
    Well i took my car in for warranty and due to my extended warranty not covering hoses they could not fix my car. Anyways they said two hoses from the compressor need to be replaced and they could do it for $497. Is this something i could fix myself or should i just save up and fork over $497.
    Thats why its called a stealership.

Not very likely that both hoses have failed unless it was wrecked.
    More likely a o-ring failure.
    Is the compressor turning?

Well the Ac isn't blowing cold air at all and the dealership said the hoses were leaking. I already tried recharging it and it doesn't stay in. The dealer also tried to recharge it as they charged me 20 for the freon. I will check the compressor tonight.

Take it to technicare Automotive in Dallas. They are trustworthy and will fix it right.

The compressor does spin.

I just paid for a freon sniffer won off of ebay and expect to see it in about a week. Might help track down where your leak is if you haven't figured it out by then.

+1 on Technicare, the newest tech in the shop has been there about 6 years and he drives an S2000. Honest guys that I have used before.

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    Take it to technicare Automotive in Dallas. They are trustworthy and will fix it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Thats why its called a stealership.

Not very likely that both hoses have failed unless it was wrecked.
    More likely a o-ring failure.
    Is the compressor turning?
    Stevan, do you do AC work? Andrew is just down the road from you.

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    I just paid for a freon sniffer won off of ebay and expect to see it in about a week. Might help track down where your leak is if you haven't figured it out by then.
    I will take you up on that offer. Tell me when it arrives and we can set something up.