Thread: FREE lunch - Mr. Wok, 12:15pm, Tuesday, October 7th

Default FREE lunch - Mr. Wok, 12:15pm, Tuesday, October 7th

I teh winnar!

Yeah, it really is free. Sort of. My wife and I eat at Mr. Wok in Plano pretty regularly (the food is good, and the owner is a member of the North texas S2k group). Last time I was in there, I dropped my business card in the "win a free lunch!" fishbowl, and today I got a call telling me I won.

Sort of. The lunch is actually being paid for by Ameriprise Financial Planners. They intend to speak for 5-7 minutes about what they have to offer after we order, then once the food shows up they shut up and pick up the tab. No strings attached, no committments, blah, blah, blah. You just have to listen to some lady yap about financial planning for a few minutes.

Anybody interested? The lunch is for up to 15 people. Ameriprise would like a head count by Monday, so if you want some good, free Chinese/Japanese food for lunch next Tuesday, let me know.

Edit: I have no stake in this. I'm going for the food.
    Last edited by altiain; 10-02-2008 at 01:28 PM.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Dang! I have to go to class.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

When you call them on Monday, tell them you've got two people lined up and see what they say.

I've been to one of those when one of my co-workers won a drawing at FedEx. It was kind of obnoxious but free food is free food. The sales person wasn't too pushy during but they get your contact info on a form. I put all fake information but my poor co-workers that didn't got called weekly for about a month.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Sign me up as Slaughty Boutfast.

j/k
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

FREE MR. WOK!? I'm so in!

Hey Iain, last time I went in, Jack mentioned that you were gonna instruct him at eagles canyon. This was the weekend that IKE hit.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    FREE MR. WOK!? I'm so in!

Hey Iain, last time I went in, Jack mentioned that you were gonna instruct him at eagles canyon. This was the weekend that IKE hit.
    Yeah, that event got moved to this Saturday, so Jack can't make it. I told him to keep his eyes on their website, since they should be having another Sunday event next month.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Yeah, that event got moved to this Saturday, so Jack can't make it. I told him to keep his eyes on their website, since they should be having another Sunday event next month.
    If you do instruct him check his coilover settings before you start. Last time when I instructed him at the s2k autocross he had the rears jacked way up and the fronts softer and it was super tail happy. After a few adjustments the car handled like it was on rails.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

What the heck, put me down for a free lunch.

Mr. Wok
    2600 14th St
    Plano, TX 75074
    (972) 881-1888

See ya at 12:15!
    Iain

Thanks for lunch Iain! The rest of you fools missed out on some good free food.

Glad to see you there, and the financial planner person was pretty painless!
    Iain