Thread: 10psi Greddy Turbo w/ AEM EMS

Default 10psi Greddy Turbo w/ AEM EMS

First run was 10psi, untuned. I didn't put the torque on it cause it was having issues with the RPM pickup, so the readings are either spikey or missing a big chunk of the line.

I was running 210whp/186tq.

I am now running 223whp/191tq thanks to some tuning.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Default where at

nice numbers @ 10psi, I have some fine tuning to do once I figure what I am doing.
    where did you go? Alamo?

Buck
    Last edited by Buck Reynolds; 10-08-2008 at 08:01 PM.
    04 MSM reflashed and modified

"Fish tremble at the sound of my name"

Yes, Alamo. Consistent dyno to give consistent numbers.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

post up a graph with RPM's. Nobody cares about speed unless it's a dyno queen.

what he said :)
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

It's not very good...but here it is

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    post up a graph with RPM's. Nobody cares about speed unless it's a dyno queen.
    I like showing that I can run 102mph in 3d gear now.

Quote Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
    I like showing that I can run 102mph in 3d gear now.

That is pretty cool. Nice numbers Ray.

So are you liking the AEM more and more? Run into any problems yet?

Whenever you hit your max PSI, you should do a tune with e85 and see what kind of numbers that'll produce.

<---Jealous of your standalone.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    That is pretty cool. Nice numbers Ray.

So are you liking the AEM more and more? Run into any problems yet?

Whenever you hit your max PSI, you should do a tune with e85 and see what kind of numbers that'll produce.

<---Jealous of your standalone.

Chris
    I don't have enough injector to run E85. I like the AEM more and more everytime we turn the boost up and retune. I haven't had any issues with it yet, it runs very well. We'll be playing with launch control and flat-shift soon enough.

I don't have enough injector to run E85. I like the AEM more and more everytime we turn the boost up and retune. I haven't had any issues with it yet, it runs very well. We'll be playing with launch control and flat-shift soon enough.

How does it recognize a flat shift? Clutch switch and then activate a soft rev limit (same as launch control as well)?

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

How does it recognize a flat shift? Clutch switch and then activate a soft rev limit (same as launch control as well)?

Chris
    Yes. Too bad I don't have ABS, or I could use the traction control as well. I am gonna find some hubs and sensors and install them so I can run it later on, but for now I have to do without.

Yes. Too bad I don't have ABS, or I could use the traction control as well. I am gonna find some hubs and sensors and install them so I can run it later on, but for now I have to do without.

Good luck with that mod. From what I've heard you need the donor next to the car to succesfully add ABS to a non-ABS car. That's a pretty cool feature though.

Chris

Good luck with that mod. From what I've heard you need the donor next to the car to succesfully add ABS to a non-ABS car. That's a pretty cool feature though.

Chris
    I don't need ABS, I just need the wheel speed sensors. I just wire it into the EMS and, BAM, traction control. I can also get mph off it, for when I go to a STACK.

STACK? MAP, MAF, wet finger?

Chris

STACK display.

Bitching, more info please. Looks considerably less than a the other displays that many other racers use.

Am I correct that the digital gauges are user definable?

Chris

That isn't the exact one I am getting, it was just the first pic I found to link to. I am getting black, 10k rpm version. I'm gonna use the ones my friend uses in both his SM and ITA Miatas, plus his 2 GTA cars.