Thread: Ninja!!!

Default Ninja!!!

As of last night, I am the proud owner of a dark blue 2005 Ninja 250R. Bought it for $2k with 10k miles on it. It's been mildly abused and neglected, but nothing catastrophic. The right handle bar has been bent about a degree, there is a small crack in the fairing on the right side, it needs an oil change, the chain needs to be cleaned and lubed, and the front right turn signal bulb needs to be changed. Except for the handlebar and fairing it's a bunch of small stuff that needs to be taken care of.

The good news: The bike holds its oil. The oil in the sight glass is pitch black and it's clear that the bike hasn't had it changed in awhile. In spite of that, the oil is topped off and is even a little overfilled. This Saturday I am going to go ride it, then change the oil, then ride it some more.

Now that I have completed this process of getting trained, licensed, equipped (I now have a helmet, boots, gloves, and a jacket; I just need pants now), and buying a bike, I hope to have more time to spend with the Miata. Maybe go autocrossing now that it's cooler.

Congrats! Hope you don't have any problems with it. Ride it like you're invisible.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Congrats! Hope you don't have any problems with it. Ride it like you're invisible.
    +1
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Oh yeah, and another piece of good news, the transmission also shifts great, the breaks work fine, and there is about an inch of slack in the chain (that corresponds with Kawasaki spec). So it really seems to be in good mechanical shape. I just need to spend a little quality wrench time with it.

Also I will post pics when I can. Believe it or not I don't have a digicam, not even in my cell phone. So I will have to take pics with my 35mm and develop them onto CD. If I had a head on my shoulders I would have brought it today to Philmore and asked one of you guys to take a pic of it. Always next week.

A late congrats on the bike. You will enjoy the bike I am sure. I enjoy the I save and being able to take the Miata apart with no worries of not having a way to get to work. Get some pictures up already!

Thanks, but this is nothing about the $ at all. I commute to work every day by walking so I largely only drive on the weekends. So pretty much the Miata is for taking the wife out :) She refuses to ride on the back of a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by MX-5EE View Post
    Thanks, but this is nothing about the $ at all. I commute to work every day by walking so I largely only drive on the weekends. So pretty much the Miata is for taking the wife out :) She refuses to ride on the back of a bike.
    Welcome to the darkside. You're going to get hooked and next thing you know it's on to a bigger bike. lol. When I get my new one we'll have to hook up with some of the other riders on here and plan a ride.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil View Post
    Welcome to the darkside. You're going to get hooked and next thing you know it's on to a bigger bike. lol. When I get my new one we'll have to hook up with some of the other riders on here and plan a ride.
    Sounds good. I just didn't want to pay $10k+ for a hobby I may or may not hook into, so I got this $2k bike to play with. I plan on getting a bigger one in the Spring of 2011. Probably an SV650F or a Ninja 650R but who knows what will be out by then.

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil View Post
    I agree with this. I'm already looking at 600's. Probably won't get one for a couple more months though.