Thread: DFW: Swap for an 02 4WD Honda CR-V for 3 days??

Smile DFW: Swap for an 02 4WD Honda CR-V for 3 days??

Oops, unexpectedly sold!!! I put it on Ebay with a high reserve and there's 6 days left and a guy really wants it and is flying in tomorrow. We'll finish the transaction at the bank itself, so apparently it is sold. I put the reserve for slightly under what I paid for it 2 years ago and with 20k less miles and well...who knew?? So looks like I may be renting a Miata : -)

Update: Heh. Well it is OFFICIAL, met at WaMu, cashiers check is legit, account is legit, watermarks are there, his info all checked out, bill of sales signed, CRV is gone! Now I'm thinking I should've put the reserve at what I paid for it 2 years and 20k miles ago....who knew?? Just glad it is all over and I didn't get carjacked, I was comfortable once he walked into the bank with cameras all over. :-D
    Last edited by Dean!; 10-17-2008 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Hit reserve on Ebay, guy is flying in for it....

Dean! Long time, no see. How ya been?

For those who don't know him, I'll vouch for Dean. I'd trust him with my car, although I'm surprised he's looking at a Miata after years of small block Chevys.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Why not just rent a miata? Less liability and hassle.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Why not just rent a miata? Less liability and hassle.
    Actually, where does one rent a Miata around here ? I looked into it briefly in the past and there were Spec Miata rentals with rollcages and no a/c. Just looking for a regular, stock if possible Miata.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiain
    Dean! Long time, no see. How ya been?
    Been travelling a ton! Europe 4 times since December...but no more travelling for awhile. But then again, just a couple of autocrosses left, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean! View Post
    Actually, where does one rent a Miata around here ? I looked into it briefly in the past and there were Spec Miata rentals with rollcages and no a/c. Just looking for a regular, stock if possible Miata.
    Hertz rents new Miatas, but they are automatics.

Automatic Miatas FTL

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Hertz rents new Miatas, but they are automatics.
    Is that with the new 6-speed, paddle shifted auto? While it wouldn't be me first choice of transmission, it is a huge improvement over the old 4-speed 'box.

FWIW, way back at Mazda's Zoom-Zoom Live event, Jon W. and I were able to go almost as fast on the autox course with a 6-speed slushie as we did in the manual.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Is that with the new 6-speed, paddle shifted auto? While it wouldn't be me first choice of transmission, it is a huge improvement over the old 4-speed 'box.

FWIW, way back at Mazda's Zoom-Zoom Live event, Jon W. and I were able to go almost as fast on the autox course with a 6-speed slushie as we did in the manual.
    I thought Jon actually pulled his best time in a slushbox.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.