Thread: intake options for my 99

Default intake options for my 99

Should I go with drop in K&N, cold air intake, nothing, or something else? Goal is a few more ponies if possible and the slightly more aggressive sound. Suggestions appreciated.
    SOLD: 92 silver w/hardtop, voodoo, Kosei wheels, pine tree air freshener, and some JR stuff.
    SOLD: 99 silver; the old Goodwin supercharged car with gobs of power and everything else on it.
    SOLD: 95 triple black; stock
    SOLD: 99 black and tan; loaded and clean; just hit 50k miles.
    SOLD: 2006 Copper Mica Red; stock.
    FOR SALE: 2007 Galaxy Grey Grand Touring; stock; 38k miles.

Hello??? Anyone??

I met a guy at Kellers a couple of Wednesdays ago at one of the get togethers; forgot his name, sorry. He had a 2000 white and was telling me about his intake upgrade and was pretty happy with it I believe...

I was there picking up a new muffler from Gary TDR...

Wheels and suspension will be next in the never ending quest.
    SOLD: 92 silver w/hardtop, voodoo, Kosei wheels, pine tree air freshener, and some JR stuff.
    SOLD: 99 silver; the old Goodwin supercharged car with gobs of power and everything else on it.
    SOLD: 95 triple black; stock
    SOLD: 99 black and tan; loaded and clean; just hit 50k miles.
    SOLD: 2006 Copper Mica Red; stock.
    FOR SALE: 2007 Galaxy Grey Grand Touring; stock; 38k miles.

I added the Monster Flow w cool box to my 99 already had the Bolar. It did give more aggressive intake sound. As for butt dyno, it may be good for none to 3-4 ponnies. The sound was great if you are looking for more feedback from the intake sound. For real adding of ponies, you have to add the header. I added the the RB header a ocuple months ago. I really open up the plumbing and the butt dyno is in the 5+ ponies if not more. I feel I have an extra grear now. Hope this help!
    Gabriel

Randy, you can get a 90* silicone hose, 2 hose clamps and a small K&N filter from Gary.
    This way you can remove all of the factory intake plumbing, airbox, etc. and just make the intake turn down right behind the passenger side headlight.

This is what Jeff_man did and it looks very nice. Maybe he will post some pics of it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    Randy, you can get a 90* silicone hose, 2 hose clamps and a small K&N filter from Gary.
    This way you can remove all of the factory intake plumbing, airbox, etc. and just make the intake turn down right behind the passenger side headlight.

This is what Jeff_man did and it looks very nice. Maybe he will post some pics of it for you.
    +1 i did something similar.