Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about these wheels?

Default What do you think about these wheels?

99 Miata Black

Time attack FTL. These days every little ricer with a Civic has that color wheel.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I think they look pretty cool, but almost every company out there is making TA colored wheels. What made TA's so cool and desirable was the fact that they were a rare limited edition color on Volk TE-37's.

Like these

Even though they are a little easier to come by now, price is still a limiting factor. TA TE-37's in a 17x7.5 5x114.3 w/ a 48 offset are $683
    Last edited by Nexus Flux; 10-24-2008 at 07:17 AM.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

...if they were ORANGE!!!!!!!!! I like 'em!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Blog Entries

I like 'em. But of course I just bought some that look a whole lot like 'em
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

I liked the Falkens you were considering better. However, you have the black ground effects now and if these wheels match the colors (especially the reds) then I bet they would look real nice on your car. I would definitely want to make sure the reds matched though.

I like those wheels Billy! To my eye, the 5 double-spokes look better on a 5-lug wheel than 6 spokes. But that's just me.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    I liked the Falkens you were considering better. However, you have the black ground effects now and if these wheels match the colors (especially the reds) then I bet they would look real nice on your car. I would definitely want to make sure the reds matched though.
    yeah I thought about that too, and these wheels are around 120.00 higher than the Falkens
    I also want to get the carpet like you did to your car, they have some listed on their site same color but molded to fit the NC or so they say...lol
    Wanna help me do the swap when the time comes?
    99 Miata Black

I'd hardly call it molded. If it's from aabest it has a hump in the middle. You'll need to trim a whole lot and cut about 20 holes. You'll also want to use carpet tape which i didn't and regret. Now that weather is cooler I may redo mine. If so we can do yours at same time. Maybe make a tech day of it if anyone else wants to carpet as well.

Those rims in this post; are they lighter than the falkens or stock?

The Falkens are lighter by 2lbs, dont remember what stock weight is but i would guess around 19lbs.
    99 Miata Black

How can you afford wheels during times like these?!?!

cause I'm a hustler, I'm pimping myslef to college girls who need a father figure....LOL.
    Seriously though I am just researching wheels....probably would sell the OEM's to pay for it.
    99 Miata Black

Chassis Designer

I like those alot. I was looking at something like that as well for mine. BUt I am a long way from needing wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Time attack FTL. These days every little ricer with a Civic has that color wheel.
    Gotta agree. I was going to order the same wheels for my NC till my 19 yr old made somewhat the same statement. He's right. I started eyeballing all the ricers Id' see in D/FW and the majority had blk wheels with some kind of paint stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    I think they look pretty cool, but almost every company out there is making TA colored wheels. What made TA's so cool and desirable was the fact that they were a rare limited edition color on Volk TE-37's.

Like these

Even though they are a little easier to come by now, price is still a limiting factor. TA TE-37's in a 17x7.5 5x114.3 w/ a 48 offset are $683
    The reason they are so expensive is that they are forged rather than pressure cast.

If you want to do something unique, why not look at speedline, compomotive, ATS, or whatever quality wheels that aren't sold at discount tire? I had a set of 5-spoke 16" compomotive mo's on my black jetta and it was epic.

btw, I had bbs rc's in black with a red stripe back in 1998. I'm cool like that.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze View Post
    cause I'm a hustler, I'm pimping myslef to college girls who need a father figure....LOL.
    Seriously though I am just researching wheels....probably would sell the OEM's to pay for it.
    funny, I'm "the hustler" in some circles.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Billy, when did you start weighing people's opinion on what you do with your car?

Don't get time attack knockoffs. Get RPF1's that are wide and black and get rid of the black fuel door.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    Billy, when did you start weighing people's opinion on what you do with your car?

Don't get time attack knockoffs. Get RPF1's that are wide and black and get rid of the black fuel door.

LOL, well you have a point.

Cost is a big factor, or i would be going for something different.
    I would like to have some True Red wheels with black lugs, or a True Red and black multispoke. but cant seem to find anything in this combination that isnt either overweight or just flat out too high.
    Thats why I first considered the Falken Explicit in Black with a polished rim.
    I am not a fan of the polished rim but I do like the shape and color of the spokes and I gain a half inch in width and lose about a pound in weight. and would save 130.00 on the set from the wheels originally posted.

If anyone knows where to get some RED wheels that are light and 17X7 or 7.5 that aren't 200.+ each i would be interested in taking a look....or for that matter any combination of Black and Red to go with the theme.

I am also replacing the carpet with Torch Red and the dash insert and boots to Red....since it's cheaper than doing the seats with a Red insert.

Roll bar will probably be next after that.

The suspension still feels pretty good for street driving, haven't autocrossed the car yet tho.
    99 Miata Black

Blog Entries

Buy any wheel you like and have them powder coated or painted to any color scheme you like. Your wheels would then be exclusive to you.
    I have seen work done by these people and was impressed: http://www.endurocoatings.com/portfolio.htm but I am sure there are a lot of local shops.
    Or go totally TCB and have your stock wheels painted.
    Last edited by creek; 11-01-2008 at 11:07 AM.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast