Thread: As I was pulling into my driveway...

Default As I was pulling into my driveway...

a McKinney motorcycle cop pulled up behind me with his lights flashing. I had just passed him a 1/4 mile back. He decided to give me a fix-it ticket for NFP.

He had no other reason and found no other cause to pull me over.

Crazy thing is I live a 1/2 mile from the McKinney Police Station and see about 30 or more cops on any given week.

I "assumed" (I know, I know) McKinney realized there are more important "criminals" to nab like the hoodlums that burglarized some neighbors cars a few months ago or the kids that like to steal bikes or the teenagers racing down residential streets with kids playing.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I bet if you had a fish on your car he would have let you go.....

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    a McKinney motorcycle cop pulled up behind me with his lights flashing. I had just passed him a 1/4 mile back. He decided to give me a fix-it ticket for NFP.

He had no other reason and found no other cause to pull me over.

Crazy thing is I live a 1/2 mile from the McKinney Police Station and see about 30 or more cops on any given week.

I "assumed" (I know, I know) McKinney realized there are more important "criminals" to nab like the hoodlums that burglarized some neighbors cars a few months ago or the kids that like to steal bikes or the teenagers racing down residential streets with kids playing.
    Didn't you get one of these before and ad a FP bracket?

The Christmas lights probably attracted him.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    But he would've been eaten by the Darwin fish!

Should've pointed out that he had no front plate either; the hypocrite.

Why didn't you pull in the garage and just close the door?

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    Why didn't you pull in the garage and just close the door?

Chris
    Yep. That would have fooled him!

I removed the bracket before Hallett. I didn't want a nasty FP mucking up my photographs.
    ...and across the line.

I removed the bracket before Hallett. I didn't want a nasty FP mucking up my photographs.
    Lucky you are not in California. IIRC, the fine doubles there every time you get a repeat fix-it ticket.

Blog Entries

...and your car is so subdued and all, amazing.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Should've pointed out that he had no front plate either; the hypocrite.
    I'd love to see his reaction to that. I laughed out loud. Good one!

BR, I don't why you're shocked, you drive a flashy car, he just wants to get the rest of the story and make sure you're not a spoiled punk kid, or doing something else illegal.

My aunt got pulled over at 3:40 in the morning for no license plate light on her LTD with black steel wheels. He pulled her over due to time of night and ghetto looking car and mainly to see if she'd been drinking. She was on her way to work at FEMA and he let her go with a warning.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Yep. That would have fooled him!

Who's talking about fooling? You would've gotten out of the ticket!

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Who's talking about fooling? You would've gotten out of the ticket!

Chris
    How do you figure? If I did that, I'd have a knock on my door moments later.

I'm only shocked because by now, I figured most of the McKinney cops have seen my car and none have blinked twice about the NFP except for this over-eager motorcycle cop.

I know he was looking for something because he asked if I had up to date insurance and drivers license and he thoroughly examined my windshield including scanning the bar code on the sticker.

Maybe he was looking to get the driver of the flashy car for something and this was all he could pin on me. I guess it's quota time.
    ...and across the line.

BTW,

I'm not pissed off. I know that I'm breaking the law with NFP and I have no issues with paying my $10 fine but it just seems stupid to me to pull someone over for that, not find any other issues and still issue the NFP ticket.

I know I am setting my self up with being hassled running NFP, I'm just surprised it happened in McKinney as I have had no issues up until today and I come across lots of McKinney's finest on a daily basis.
    ...and across the line.

Blog Entries

Motorcycle Officers have only one mission, traffic violations. They do not respond to calls, take reports, investigate crimes or any of the other thousand things a patrol unit does. Most cops don't have the time or inclination to deal with minor traffic offenses but that is the only mission for Motor officers. Unfortunately he is sure to remember your car and watch to see if you comply with the "fixit" part of the citation.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

I'm only shocked because by now, I figured most of the McKinney cops have seen my car and none have blinked twice about the NFP except for this over-eager motorcycle cop.

I know he was looking for something because he asked if I had up to date insurance and drivers license and he thoroughly examined my windshield including scanning the bar code on the sticker.

Maybe he was looking to get the driver of the flashy car for something and this was all he could pin on me. I guess it's quota time.
    Not answered the door?
    Makes me wonder what would actually happen in that kinda situation.

Chris

Not answered the door?
    Makes me wonder what would actually happen in that kinda situation.

Chris
    Evading police, Especially after he just saw you pull into the garage. Never give a person who carries a club an excuse to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    Never give a person who carries a club an excuse to use it.
    Sounds like there's a story here...
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Wow, he actually scanned the sticker?! What a royal jackass! I remember the first NFP ticket I received, just after he let me go I turned the corner to scare off 2 cars full of kids vandalizing the neighbor's house!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...