Thread: New NA's?

Default New NA's?

I was at fry's yesterday and happened to look at a magazine called "Banzai". I was skimming through it and ran accross a 2 page article about the first gen miatas. It says in japan you can buy reconditioned ones straight from the dealership. it wasnt talking about certified miatas (like many companys do here to used cars), it was actually saying the factory reconditions them to "new" condition. the one it showed in the pic looked brand new, in and out. has anyone else heard of this. i wish they would do that over here.

Yeah, I've seen that in a couple of places. The NA's are not only reconditioned, but they apparently put on some improved bits as well.

I'm with you... I'd really enjoy adding a "better than brand new" White 1994 R to my garage. Unfortunately, it is only for the Japanese market...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Default Re: New NA's?

Quote Originally Posted by chucka
    It says in japan you can buy reconditioned ones straight from the dealership. it wasnt talking about certified miatas (like many companys do here to used cars), it was actually saying the factory reconditions them to "new" condition. the one it showed in the pic looked brand new, in and out. has anyone else heard of this. i wish they would do that over here.
    We are doing it over here; I've been reconditioning mine ever since I got it!