Thread: Been wondering around, time so say hello.

Default Been wondering around, time so say hello.

Hey everyone, my name is Will. I own a 1999 that I picked up a couple of months ago with 88k on the clock. Love the car, its a blast to drive. I previuosly had a 94 626 that I loved but it was never gonna performe to my expectations so I moved on. I've been a member of DFW mazdas for about a year and thought I check out the local miata group and look foward to go to some meets.

I have a few plans for it on the long run but unfortunately a few weeks into having the car I had a small but costly mishap where I hit a curb (wasnt doing anything stupid but dont ask) and it messed the car up quite a bit; bent subframe, busted open steering rack and cracked the oil pan as well as blowing out both airbags which cracked the windshield. This has slowed me down quite a bit from getting other more productive things done to the car but I'm getting it fixed up little by little.

To top it off it gave me a code that #3 was having a misfire, turns out to be a bad ring so I'm saving up to rebuilt the engine and replace my piston and rods for forged parts.

It came with a torsen LSD, rolled fenders and deleted cat, other than that I've put in another top since it didn't have a rear glas (wasnt too fun), lowered it on Tein springs and pieced together a short ram for it one day I was bored. Put a Pioneer headunit and replaced the blown speakers. Right now I'm working on polishing the intake manifold to match up with the intake... its been a handful but it keeps me busy.

So that's my story, thanks for ready and I hope to meet some cool people on here. Anyways here are some lame pics.

After some cleaning after I picked it up.

After I messed it up

short ram

Finally my 626. Sacchi S25 17", Custom CAI, kyb struts, intrax springs, F&R strut braces, brembo drilled and slotted rotors, upgraded pads, full sound system, "j-spec" headlighs with 6K HIDs, shaved antenna, emblems and Licence holes, and repainted it white pearl. I put alot of work into it and let it go for $2,200 at 202k miles.

Anyways thanks for lookin.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5
    Tien S-Techs, Torsen, Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Deleted cat, 01 exhaust manifold (cat delete), custom short ram, JR Plug Wires, Autopower Rollbar, 01+ bumper and smoked headlights with 6000K HID, tinted tails and corners, Enkei RSF-2 16x7 for daily and stock 14" for the track.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome aboard.

Welcome!

What's the shop the pics were taken in? It looks like there is some interesting machining equipment in the background.

thanks for the welcomes. That would be my uncle's machine shop where I work and do most of everything on my car. The other with the 626 is in the body shop where I went to school.

BTW, if anyone has a contact for getting a windshield replaced at a good price, please let me know.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5
    Tien S-Techs, Torsen, Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Deleted cat, 01 exhaust manifold (cat delete), custom short ram, JR Plug Wires, Autopower Rollbar, 01+ bumper and smoked headlights with 6000K HID, tinted tails and corners, Enkei RSF-2 16x7 for daily and stock 14" for the track.

LOL, when I read your description of the 626, I had only seen the first pic and did not realize it was a "before" shot. I was drop-jawed thinking that it was what you were so proud of. Then I scrolled down and was relieved. It turned out nice.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Welcome.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Welcome.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

That looks like an 01+ front bumper. Welcome to the group.

actually thanks for mentioning that. I've been meaning to ask if it is since i noticed the 99-00 with fogs was different and this one isnt sitting right... sad to say it on with zipties since it was starting to fall off during a cruise a few weeks ago. I guess its kinda good though since i want 01 headlights/facelift.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5

welcome and enjoy
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Welcome and hope to see you some time at one of the get togethers.

Yeah that is surely an 01 bumper with 99 headlights. You can see the gap in the inside corner between the bumper cover and the light.

Thanks for confirming that. I read somewhere that to use 01+ projectors there is some trimming involved, is that so? Wireing isnt an issue.

Anyways, here are some fresh pics. I'm not a pro photographer nor do I use photoshop to enhance anything.

'99 Brilliant Black MX-5

Welcome, where did you take those pictures at?

Quote Originally Posted by aalvarez04 View Post
    Welcome, where did you take those pictures at?
    Between the A and the T.

Sorry, I couldn't resist

Welcome to this.
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

Welcome!
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Welcome. I also just recently aquired a 99 brilliant black. unfortunately I've got a lot of hail dings to get out of mine. Nice Pics... Is that one of your empties in the second pic
    90 Red NA
    91 Red NA
    99 Triple Black NB "Dimples"

This is at one of the trinity river trails stops , at 635 and valley view right beofre george bush. The bottle inst mine, i didnt notice till i walked up to the car after ttaking the pics. All i got is a small dent in my driver 1/4 panel and my hood is faded. I plan on reapainting as I did my 626 and some minor body work.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5