Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas A&M Sports Car Club Spring 2009 AX1, College Station, 2/8/09

Default Texas A&M Sports Car Club Spring 2009 AX1, College Station, 2/8/09

It looks like Texas A&M is having their first 2009 AX on 2/8. Anyone up for meeting at the McDonalds in Hearne at 7 AM?

If you have not previously gone to a TAMSCC event, then make sure you print and complete one of the insurance forms.

More info here: http://www.tamscc.org/forum/index.php?doc=aboutautox

Perhaps we can stop at the Elite Circle Grille (http://elitecirclegrille.com/) on the way home, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    It looks like Texas A&M is having their first 2009 AX on 2/8. Anyone up for meeting at the McDonalds in Hearne at 7 AM?

If you have not previously gone to a TAMSCC event, then make sure you print and complete one of the insurance forms.

More info here: http://www.tamscc.org/forum/index.php?doc=aboutautox

Perhaps we can stop at the Elite Circle Grille (http://elitecirclegrille.com/) on the way home, as usual.
    Lee and I are going to be staying in College Station the night before. Let me know if anyone else will be doing the same and we can meet up for dinner.
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

Looks like we'll have a much bigger course...

http://www.tamscc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9350

Sweet! I'm in!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    Sweet! I'm in!
    Sweet, me too. What class is the X3 in anyway?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    What class is the X3 in anyway?
    TM (Tapas & Mojito's)

Here is some good info about the free AX school/practice on Saturday and the event on Sunday.

Assuming the weather is dry, I plan to leave here Saturday morning in order to attend both events. I will probably wait until Tuesday to verify the weather forecast (for what it's worth), register for the event, and book my hotel.

That sounds like fun! I've even got a buddy I can stay with in Snook!

(Just sent him the obligatory email...)
    Last edited by trickyrix; 01-29-2009 at 10:29 PM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    That sounds like fun! I've even got a buddy I can stay with in Snook!
    Ahhhh, Snook... I'm going there this weekend to hit Sodolak's Country Inn. Chicken Fried Bacon appetizer and the 16 oz extra small siroin for dinner. Check it out on Texas country reporter....

Chicken Fried Bacon.... Fat rolled in fat, fried in fat and served with a side of fat..... ah, my arm and chest are starting to tingle just thinking about it
    90 Red NA
    91 Red NA
    99 Triple Black NB "Dimples"

Here is some good info about the free AX school/practice on Saturday and the event on Sunday.

Assuming the weather is dry, I plan to leave here Saturday morning in order to attend both events. I will probably wait until Tuesday to verify the weather forecast (for what it's worth), register for the event, and book my hotel.

Count me in, may even have a new miata to throw into the fun by then......more to come
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.

Sounds like it would be fun (and I could hit Sodolaks for a second weekend in a row) I've only AX'd at Pennington a few times, how does this venue compare? On Sunday the first car out is at 10:30 and the gates close at 2:00. I'm sure it largely depends on how many drivers show up but any idea about how many runs each driver would get? How is this venue for tire wear? i.e. if I've got about 1/2 thread left will I be good for both days (and the return trip home)?
    90 Red NA
    91 Red NA
    99 Triple Black NB "Dimples"

Quote Originally Posted by Keifersmith View Post
    Sounds like it would be fun (and I could hit Sodolaks for a second weekend in a row) I've only AX'd at Pennington a few times, how does this venue compare? On Sunday the first car out is at 10:30 and the gates close at 2:00. I'm sure it largely depends on how many drivers show up but any idea about how many runs each driver would get? How is this venue for tire wear? i.e. if I've got about 1/2 thread left will I be good for both days (and the return trip home)?
    This will be much bigger than Pennington, but I think it might take them a few events for them to get used to mapping a course for the additional area they have added. You can see the old area versus the new area in the thread.

Your tires should be fine. If not, they have tire stores in College Station and at many point between here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Keifersmith View Post
    Ahhhh, Snook... I'm going there this weekend to hit Sodolak's Country Inn. Chicken Fried Bacon appetizer and the 16 oz extra small siroin for dinner. Check it out on Texas country reporter....

Chicken Fried Bacon.... Fat rolled in fat, fried in fat and served with a side of fat..... ah, my arm and chest are starting to tingle just thinking about it
    I've heard of it but I've never been there - yum!

Still trying to line up a place to crash - buddy #1 is going to be out of town, waiting to hear back from #2.

Since I'm too lazy right now to sign on the TAMSCC forum right now , where's the event? Riverside Annex?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    where's the event? Riverside Annex?
    Yes.

Anyone going that would take a co-driver?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Anyone going that would take a co-driver?
    Since Thomas is only there for Saturday, then I'll take a co-driver for Sunday, if you're interested. You just have to promise not to beat me.

I will let you know when I register.

Since Thomas is only there for Saturday, then I'll take a co-driver for Sunday, if you're interested. You just have to promise not to beat me.

Hrmm, if someone is headed down there Sunday that I could hitch a ride with I would probably jump on that.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Hrmm, if someone is headed down there Sunday that I could hitch a ride with I would probably jump on that.
    Maybe you can get someone to drive the event for you too!

Sounds good, but he can't run on my tires.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Maybe you can get someone to drive the event for you too!

Will you take me?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast