Thread: Gotta love Ebay

Default Gotta love Ebay

Well, I've scored a couple things for the Miata on Ebay over the last month (I had some airport and late night downtime.... what better to do)

New clear bumper lights. Paid $40 shipped. Look to be of decent construction, and came with all new seals and bulbs. Really clean looking in my opinion. Beats my fogged up ones.

Roadster door sills. Paid $38 shipped. Used with slight scuffing, but cleaned up nicely after a good polishing. I figured I would scuff them in a week with my own feet, why not save myself the "agony" of messing up new ones and $100+ at the same time.

Iggee Seat Skins. Paid $85 shipped. In my mind's eye I envisioned black with red pipping, but for this price I pounced. The fit was even better than I anticipaited, and I ended up unbolting the seat parts and sliding the covers under and rebolting over to make them even snugger. I can't wait for the sun to come out and the temp to warm up. I think these will really tighten up. Also, Paul if you read this they do make fabric covers in a variety of colors and fabrics. I have a brochure and a 10% coupon if you'd like it. I talked to the company and I'm going to purchase a couple yards of the same material to recover the door panels, make a new shift boot, and recover the steering wheel. If anyone wants the black with red stitching one I currently have, it's yours as soon as I make the new one. Charcoal on Black is not the color scheme I originally envisioned but it does look very similar to my last car. It's also much less "flashy" than the black and red... thats a good thing.

Next up some better looking oem wheels........ not loving the daisies.......

Very nice! Great price!

I'm giving up not spending any money on cars.

It makes me happy

I guess it is an addiction.

Another bonus, the new seat skins make it easier to get into an out of the car, lol. My ass slides a bit.

I'm same way. I paid full price on hotchkis sway bars (because it was impossible to find used ones for an NC) and tires. Everything else I bought used. More fun to find deals.

yeah. i think the rims and the clear corner headlights were the only new parts on the zx2. Clutch and header were "new" but i bought them off of people who had wrecked their cars. Just have to be patient.... and i was adding to my car for 5 years. What is hard is when you want it all now.... money is kind of the issue.

My "want it all now" would be a cosworth supercharger and tein flex coilovers but parts alone would be 7500 dollars. Guess I'll wait awhile unless congress cuts me a bailout check.