Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Misc Miata parts

Wow.

Question

Todd, are all these parts off of you yellow Miata? Did I miss something? Did you have an accident? Please someone update me, I feel so out of the loop, lol.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

They are from his Locost parts car. He is finally getting aroudn to taking it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    They are from his Locost parts car. He is finally getting aroudn to taking it apart.
    Sort of, yeah. I bought this car (a 96M with 125k miles) a while back from forum member Chucka, after it was in an accident. The intension was for it to be a Se7en donor car. At the time of purchase, I sold off a good deal of parts... just enough to replenish the cash I poached from the savings account to purchase it. Once it was paid for, it fell to the back burner.

Flash forward a year, and I have purchased a Se7en project that included all needed parts from a 24k mile 94 Miata. This meant that I didn't need anything from the 96M for the Se7en. Then the wife got the great idea of putting the 96m engine, transmission, and wiring harness in to her Nash Metropolitan project car. So, everything that is not sold already and will not be needed for the Met, is available right here right now for all that are interested.

You will notice that my sunburst '92 was not mentioned at all in this. This is because it is still my semi daily driver and is just fine. Yes, the bumper can be seen in one of the pics, and that is because it is parked in the shop near the pile'o'parts. While the bumper is not really for sale, everything is forsale for the right price and I would likely be willing to let the whole car go for $8500.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I don't care what you say....$8500 for a yellow bumper is just ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    I don't care what you say....$8500 for a yellow bumper is just ridiculous!

That's what Iain said.

Sort of, yeah. I bought this car (a 96M with 125k miles) a while back from forum member Chucka, after it was in an accident. The intension was for it to be a Se7en donor car. At the time of purchase, I sold off a good deal of parts... just enough to replenish the cash I poached from the savings account to purchase it. Once it was paid for, it fell to the back burner.

Flash forward a year, and I have purchased a Se7en project that included all needed parts from a 24k mile 94 Miata. This meant that I didn't need anything from the 96M for the Se7en. Then the wife got the great idea of putting the 96m engine, transmission, and wiring harness in to her Nash Metropolitan project car. So, everything that is not sold already and will not be needed for the Met, is available right here right now for all that are interested.

You will notice that my sunburst '92 was not mentioned at all in this. This is because it is still my semi daily driver and is just fine. Yes, the bumper can be seen in one of the pics, and that is because it is parked in the shop near the pile'o'parts. While the bumper is not really for sale, everything is forsale for the right price and I would likely be willing to let the whole car go for $8500.

OK thanks, I'm now up to speed. I knew you purchased the 7, but was unaware of the previous parts car purchase, thus the confusion. Please pass through every one, nothing to see here............
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

I forgot to take the reverse light bulbs. Save them for me. I actually need them. :)

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    I forgot to take the reverse light bulbs. Save them for me. I actually need them. :)
    I think Rick said he set them aside.

Rick! Where did you put the bulbs?

I think Rick said he set them aside.

Rick! Where did you put the bulbs?
    They should be on the south end of the wooden work bench on your west wall... I saw them over by my nuts before I left.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    They should be on the south end of the wooden work bench on your west wall... I saw them over by my nuts before I left.
    You just had to put your nuts in the spotlights...

Are you going to sell the differential and suspension parts? I thought I saw the control arms in one of the pictures. I d like to see about trying to build a jig from the rear arms. You might can guess why.
    Last edited by Swiftracing; 02-14-2009 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftracing View Post
    Are you going to sell the differential and suspension parts? I thought I saw the control arms in one of the pictures. I d like to see about trying to build a jig from the rear arms. You might can guess why.
    I have a 1.8 open diff w/ a broken carrier available (actually I have an open diff in a good carrier and a torsen in a broken carrier, but I will swap them around and keep the torsen in the good carrier before selling the open). Additionally, I have a 1.6 VLSD that I could probably be talked into selling.

Right now the suspension pieces are still on the car so it can roll around. Once I have removed the doors and gas tank, I will arrange for someone to haul off the tub and I will unbolt the front and rear subframes right before they show up. After the tub is gone, I will disassemble the suspension and make those parts available.

Hey titus where is the damage on the tub? I have a weird trailer idea boucing around in my head. If the tub is good from the firewall to the rear bumber I may be interested in using it. But it needs to have the doors intact and the taillights to work.

Hey titus where is the damage on the tub? I have a weird trailer idea boucing around in my head. If the tub is good from the firewall to the rear bumber I may be interested in using it. But it needs to have the doors intact and the taillights to work.
    The car was rear ended.

Damn, oh well.

I keep wondering if I could turn a Miata tub into a tiny camp trailer.

Damn, oh well.

I keep wondering if I could turn a Miata tub into a tiny camp trailer.
    Just build yourself a tear drop trailer like mine that can be seen in the background of the picture above.. They are pretty basic, and you can buy plans for cheap online.

I have a 1.8 open diff w/ a broken carrier available (actually I have an open diff in a good carrier and a torsen in a broken carrier, but I will swap them around and keep the torsen in the good carrier before selling the open). Additionally, I have a 1.6 VLSD that I could probably be talked into selling.

Right now the suspension pieces are still on the car so it can roll around. Once I have removed the doors and gas tank, I will arrange for someone to haul off the tub and I will unbolt the front and rear subframes right before they show up. After the tub is gone, I will disassemble the suspension and make those parts available.

Good enough then. We may need to talk when you get to that point. I m going up to the ranch this weekend and I was going to do an inventory and I thought about the jigs that I ll need later. That was why I asked.
    MSM 04 VR
    Swift DB2 No 87 Black and Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftracing View Post
    Good enough then. We may need to talk when you get to that point. I m going up to the ranch this weekend and I was going to do an inventory and I thought about the jigs that I ll need later. That was why I asked.
    Alternatively, you are also welcome to come over and make some jigs from my Locost control arms. Here is a picture of them being built from the original jig.

Attached Images Attached Images

Alternatively, you are also welcome to come over and make some jigs from my Locost control arms. Here is a picture of them being built from the original jig.

And that would work as well. I need to come over and look at how its laid out anyway. Do you want to borrow the book or I can see if I can get another copy of it. The haynes book that is. I tried Champions book but all are way over priced at the moment. You are welcome to borrow mine.

http://mcsorley.net/locost/

And in case you haven t seen this, How to Strip a Miata in 4 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap9bs...eature=related
    MSM 04 VR
    Swift DB2 No 87 Black and Blue

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast