Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A driving test

If you read the answer to #6 correctly.,

First off you can not legally change lanes in the middle of an intersection. so you can not drive forward from turn only lane to go strait.

If you are already stopped and realize that you need to be over a lane to go strait and traffic permits you to change lanes safely before entering the intersection then you can do so.
    Blah blah blah!

Just came up on one awhile ago, sign clearly states "right turn only"

Quote Originally Posted by MiataMike View Post

First off you can not legally change lanes in the middle of an intersection. so you can not drive forward from turn only lane to go strait.

If you are already stopped and realize that you need to be over a lane to go strait and traffic permits you to change lanes safely before entering the intersection then you can do so.
    Which means the idiots and/or jerks that drive down the underpass u-turn lane past 15 cars in line at the light and then try to change lanes (across the single solid white line) at the last moment are legally able to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Which means the idiots and/or jerks that drive down the underpass u-turn lane past 15 cars in line at the light and then try to change lanes (across the single solid white line) at the last moment are legally able to do so.
    It does say safely. Noone HAS to let them in. And more than likely will end up having more cars pass them until it is safe. If the cars trying to make the U-turn don't lay on the horn causing that driver to complete the U-turn and try again...

But yeah, some jerks will do that....
    Blah blah blah!

It does say safely. Noone HAS to let them in. And more than likely will end up having more cars pass them until it is safe. If the cars trying to make the U-turn don't lay on the horn causing that driver to complete the U-turn and try again...

But yeah, some jerks will do that....
    Yes, but on the Ridge Road exit off of East bound 30 in Rockwall, someone always lets them in... usually more than one by the time I get up to the light and can box them out. It seems like half the time I go through there, a few cars from behind me have passed me, forced their way in, got through the light, and left me sitting at the front of the line with the choice of running the light or sitting there stewing for 3 minutes about how that went through and and I am sitting there because of him. I want to install a set of those retractable bus lane poles from the woman drivers video, so I can push the button every time I see someone trying to me over. But I'm not bitter.

That quiz had some markings I had never seen.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post
    34/35

I don't agree with their answer on #6...
    Same here. The "correct" answer should be, "Turn right as required and make a u-turn."

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    Much as you and I both hate it, their answer agrees with Texas law. Only crossing a DOUBLE white line is prohibited. Single white lines are only discouraged.
    Yes, you can cross the solid white line, but you are not allowed to change lanes within so many feet of an intersection, not just within it.

Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

What about Question #10? The crosswalk one. It could be "the safest" place to cross, and where vehicles are always required to yield. You are always supposed to yield right-of-way to pedestrians, plus you can not cross a cross-walk with it being used, so, really, both would be correct.

Anyone else get 100%?
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Quote Originally Posted by boisking View Post
    That quiz had some markings I had never seen.
    I hadn't seen the road hump markings before...normally they just paint the whole hump white.

Quote Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
    You are always supposed to yield right-of-way to pedestrians, plus you can not cross a cross-walk with it being used, so, really, both would be correct.
    Anyone else get 100%?
    Not true. Peds only have the right of way in a designated crossing and only when the signal allows it. Now on the open road you are supposed to be aware of people in uncontrolled cross walks but it is their responsibility to ensure it is safe to cross.

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    Not true. Peds only have the right of way in a designated crossing and only when the signal allows it. Now on the open road you are supposed to be aware of people in uncontrolled cross walks but it is their responsibility to ensure it is safe to cross.
    Tell that to the cop who cited me for "Failure to yield right of way to pedestrian". I was in the mall parking lot, on the road they have that goes around the building. I stopped and let about a dozen people go across in front of me, and one lady was standing on the curb and waved for me to go. I went and she jumped out right in front of me, and hit me with her bags. There was a cop RIGHT BEHIND ME! Immediately hit his lights, I figured he saw the whole thing and was gonna give her a stern talking to or whatever. Nope, he told me to pull into a parking spot and then gave me a ticket! I asked if he saw what happened, he said, "Yes." I asked if he saw her wave me on, he said, "Yes." I asked how that isn't considered yielding, he said, "It doesn't matter, you must ALWAYS yield to pedestrians, even if they tell you you can go."

I got to clean cat stalls at the animal shelter for 2 days for my community service on that one. I was 16 at the time.

Had a friend who got cited for the same thing when someone who was changing a tire on the shoulder, stepped into their lane on I20. He killed the guy, but only got cited for "failure to yield to a pedestrain".

Again, the police will always tell you that pedestrians have the right of way, regardless of the situation.

Talking

How many points was she worth?
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

I was thinking about 80 points, she she had JC Penny bags in both hands. I still wish I had ran her down, she seriously stood at the curb, looked right at me and my friend, waved us by with one hand, than waited till I was 1 ft from her to step off the curb, luckily was going like 5 mph. Then she looked at us and threw her arms up (touchdown style) and banged my hood and then walked off. It still gets my pissed thinking about it. Nothing like getting community service for doing the RIGHT THING.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    How many points was she worth?
    I liked your original response better:

So the moral of your rant is you should have killed the Witch???
    Or at least broke her leg or something. I'm constantly watching for pedestrians when I drive, even on the freeway, the least they could do is try to look before they leap!!!

33/35... with a bourbon on one hand. Was I DWI?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12