Thread: Eee pc

Default Eee pc

Well, there is a EEE pc in the household now... but it ain't mine

Roomate bought one with his xmas money.

i have a question though. Whats the best way to copy an install cd to a USB drive to install... ie-- age of empires, lol

Driver

Get a USB case ($10-20) and throw an optical drive in it. That's how I got XP on my original eee (with 4gb of SSD!)

was hoping to do it with what we have here......

nice avatar btw.... is that yours? I have a '08 Lancer ES....... same color

Due to the copyright protection on the CD it is not easy to get around it
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Driver

Yep, that's mine.

Put the CD in your computer and share it via the network to the other computer.

Now if the game is one of those homo games that requires the CD to be inserted... well then you've got bigger issues.

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    Yep, that's mine.

Put the CD in your computer and share it via the network to the other computer.

Now if the game is one of those homo games that requires the CD to be inserted... well then you've got bigger issues.

I'll try that; not quite sure how because I've never done it before.

What model Lancer do you have? Looks like a GTS but the black front has an EVO look to it... did you paint, or is it vinyl?

Driver

It looks like an evo because, get this.... it is an evo.

First autox (at Pennington!)

sorry.... from that angle the fenders didn't look wider and i didn't see the hood scoop...

Guess I'm used to hanging around the rice crowd.....

Driver

I can't tell a lancer from an evo in traffic unless I see a wing or dual exhaust, so don't feel bad. :)

I have a wing..... But no dual exhaust, lol... Mine isn't quite as tall though.

I wish I had a Ralliart or EVO, the plain jane ES is kind of boring, but its what my wallet had in mind. I'm debating one of the riciest moves ever.... blacking the center of the front bumper, like the EVO.... not so much to make it look like an EVO, but because I like the contrast.....

Well---

Got it over the network without a problem... but what i never noticed is you need the CD in the computer to play.. so....

any work arounds?

I used to have a cd emulator program, it worked pretty well but I didn't use it for long. It would load a virtual cd drive on your PC with a drive letter, then you would rip a cd to an image, and load the 'image' to the virtual drive. I had a few games like that, I kept the images in a folder and just drag and dropped them into the virtual drive when I needed them.

I think it was called Paragon CD ROM emulator or something like that.

Im looking at one of these Eee PCs myself for school. I wouldn't want to try to fit a full size laptop in my backpack with textbooks. How well does it work for just surfing and typing, for papers and such? It has to be better than my google phone for surfing.

I'm looking at the 900HA, $299 shipped on Newegg, don't think you can beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by sxk122 View Post
    Well---

Got it over the network without a problem... but what i never noticed is you need the CD in the computer to play.. so....

any work arounds?
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

They are great for surfing... it is pretty hard to type fast, but I was fine because I am a pecker. The good news is that you can plug it in to a monitor, keyboard, and mouse when at home.

If you're playing Age of Empires over a local network all you need to do is install it on both computers then boot the game up with the CD in one, then swap the CD to the next computer and repeat. The CD is only required to authenticate the game...

You can get around that by using a NOCD crack (gamecopyworld.com or a similar site).

I carry Age of Empires 2 on a USB drive with a crack when I go to work... makes the time go by faster.

I also have Empire Earth, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, and a host of movies, but that's another story
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I am a pecker.
    Figured id beat you to the edit button

That's cool, I already have one of those rubber roll-up keyboards, and I hate using it on my home PC. It rolls up pretty small, it would probably fit in the case with it.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi View Post
    I already have one of those rubbers

It's pretty small
    Nothing to be ashamed of.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

It's not the size mate, it's how you use it

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post

You can get around that by using a NOCD crack (gamecopyworld.com or a similar site).

I carry Age of Empires 2 on a USB drive with a crack when I go to work... makes the time go by faster.
    I'd love to know how to do that....

As for use, he loves his and takes it to work daily. The lack of a cd drive is almost a non issue.... it is VERY rare that i use a cd on this laptop (toshiba satellite A15) unless it is a MS game or I'm loading something new....

Quote Originally Posted by sxk122 View Post
    I'd love to know how to do that....

As for use, he loves his and takes it to work daily. The lack of a cd drive is almost a non issue.... it is VERY rare that i use a cd on this laptop (toshiba satellite A15) unless it is a MS game or I'm loading something new....
    My problem is usually the registry entries... when I install something onto my USB drive it won't work on a different computer.

So I take it to the work computer and install it onto the USB drive there, and I can play it on that computer... even though the program technically isn't on it when I'm not there

As for Age of Empires 2, I downloaded a torrent that doesn't require anything more than downloading and playing. No installation or anything... saved me the trouble.

Yes, I have the original, it's legalish.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata