Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harris Hill Road, Sunday, April 5th

Default Harris Hill Road, Sunday, April 5th

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know - the South Central chapter of the S2000 Club of America is having a track day at Harris Hill Road course on Sunday, April 5th.

Cost is $160, and instructors will be available (required for those in beginner's group). I talked to Sondra S., who is organizing the event, and it is open to all makes and models.

Yeah, it's the same weekend as the Houston National Tour. I was planning on going to the Tour, but I've been itching to give Harris Hill a try, so I might be here instead.

Hope to see you at the track!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I'll probably be there.

This should be a great pre-summer heat track day. They did a great event last year. http://forums.dfwmiata.com/showthread.php?t=12428

Chris

EDIT: I might be able to get a group rate for some people at the airport Hilton in South Austin. Let me know and I will inquire with my cousin.
    Last edited by Miatamaniac92; 02-12-2009 at 07:41 PM.
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Hmmm ... so what is the TCB rate at Hilton? I am counting my pennies. Need to have enough pennies left over for MSR the following month.
    Gabriel

Awesome track...if I'm still here I'll sign up. Actually, I may just sign up anyway. Who in Austin wants to let me borrow their garage for an oil-cooler install?
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

I decided this sounds like more fun than the Tour, so I registered this afternoon.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I instructed at the last event the S2000 guys had there. The track is really fun. It is more of a driving course than a race track. The don't have any really long straights like ECR so the Miata would not be over powered.

It is a little tricky to find.

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    Hmmm ... so what is the TCB rate at Hilton? I am counting my pennies. Need to have enough pennies left over for MSR the following month.
    Depends on how many interested.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    Awesome track...if I'm still here I'll sign up. Actually, I may just sign up anyway. Who in Austin wants to let me borrow their garage for an oil-cooler install?
    Let me know when you wanna do it, we can work something out.

FYI, no communal showers at HHR.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    FYI, no communal showers at HHR.
    That's what FEMA water in the pits is for.

Also the staff at HHR is a great group.

I registered.
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

Registered too!

Ken, what are you gonna be driving this time?

Chris

Registered too!

Ken, what are you gonna be driving this time?

Chris

I will be at the Tour.

too much stuff going on the same weekend

I was trying to decide between Apex on the 4th and the Tour until I saw this

Apex is a lot less money than the Tour, but I sure want to run the new track
    2009 MX-5 STR and track toy
    2003 Z06 -- Not a Miata, but 3200# and 400 RWHP is fun
    OTM -- 2012 Sierra, 2016 Impala (Appliances)

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I'm out, roll bars required for Miatas. I still have not made up my mind about the Houston Tour.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

I know there are one or two people on this board headed to this event. If you're going to be in Austin Saturday night and want to meet up with a few others and grab a beer, drop me a PM.
    Iain

In for some beers.
    I'm in South Austin 15 minutes from the track. What part of town is everyone staying in?

Chris

I wish I could go...I'll never get this car on the track.

In for some beers.
    I'm in South Austin 15 minutes from the track. What part of town is everyone staying in?

Chris
    Chris,

I'm in the Marriott Springhill Suites in South Austin. I"m going ot hook up with a ocuple of the Austin S2k locals and a couple of guys coming down from DFW, but I"m not sure where they are staying. Send me a PM with your number and I'll give you a call Saturday once we figure out where we're meeting.
    Iain

I'm in Austin if any of you gays want to meet up at oil can.

What is oil can?
    Iain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast