Thread: New brakes / painted calipers

Default New brakes / painted calipers

Finally ditched the cheapo brakes after 2 years of bitching about them, I put OEM pads front / rear, new Napa rotors on the front. I didn't notice it untill I started driving the Element daily but the brakes had slowly gotten so bad I was literally standing on them just to stop at lights. The front rotors were warped and shook the interior any time I hit the brakes in the highway. Anyway they're gone and my car actually stops now.

My question is, how much is the hand-brake supposed to stop at speed? I was having a hard time coming to a complete stop from 30 with the hand-brake only. I have it adjusted right, but it still doesn't seem to grab like it should. Definatley better than my last set but not by much. I know the fronts almost coested into an intersection before they were fully bedded in, maybe since they're rear brakes they're taking longer??

Alse got some good caliper paint from Napa. I love the red caliper look, but didn't think my tiny rotors were deserving and it would be ricey so I went with black. It's hardly noticable, but looks like new rotors, little nicer than stock. Im happy with it.

Finally washed off all the winter dirt, shes a whole new ride!

I have a set of used front rotors, they're warped, but probably can be machined to like new. I only ditched them out of spite. Anyone needs them come pick them up.

'94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Looks very nice.

Blog Entries

I painted mine with the same stuff about 4 months ago and it is holding up great. I also painted the rotor centers black because I have black wheels. None of it has cooked off yet. I even painted the rusty old exhaust heat shield and it didn't burn off either. It must be really high temp paint.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.