Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eagles Canyon track day - Saturday, Feb 28th

Driver

I did a TDE event last December @ MSR. It's about an 80-90 minute drive from my house (like going to Mineral Wells). Saturday, get up at 6am, head out and get over there... when done, rush to the ER christmas party/awards ceremony (and fight traffic through the mid cities doing it). Sunday get up at 6am again and head over there. I was one tired little trooper by the end of that weekend. You could tell as the last half of my last session was just not great.

No in car camera video???

Driver

I broke my camera right when I got there (good job dummy, I've already glued everything back together though :)) and I must have left the pda on all night or something because it was at 23% battery when I pulled up, so I only got a sessions worth of MaxQData data logs.

I did get 10 minutes of my second session on someone elses camera and I'm trying to get that video. Another evo got 2 sessions worth of tape, so we'll see what he posts up.

Is there a link somewhere to all the photos that were taken at the event?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Driver

OK the videos are linked in this thread on EvoM: http://forums.evolutionm.net/north-t...cr-videos.html

Thumbs up Ya gotta watch this!

Here's goofy's youtube post, and you can even hear altiain giving instructions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzP3V2c5hKg

"That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Video no workie for me.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Here's goofy's youtube post, and you can even hear altiain giving instructions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzP3V2c5hKg

Can you hear the change in the wind noise as Altiain puts his hand out the window in order to ash his smoke?

Nice video of ECR...

I am thinking real hard of doing the April 12th event.

ETA: WEll KRAP...it's Easter Sunday and we have family coming in for 4 days. Fuggedaboutit
    Last edited by Tim the Teacher; 03-06-2009 at 05:56 PM.
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Wow, good video! With map and stat! Now, I want to try out Eagles Canyon! Altiain will you instruct me?
    Gabriel

Thumbs up Ohhhh yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh....

Wow, that was fun! I just did the two-day Maverick Region PCA Driver's Education out at Eagles Canyon Raceway, and it was fantastic! Great track, great instructors, and for someone who hasn't been on a track in probably 4 years, I think the Cayman and I did pretty well.

I really enjoyed ECR - the long straights leading up to hard breaking points. How long do you leave that breaking? Just when do you turn in? How quickly can you roll back onto the throttle? All good fun. I loved corner 7 (blind cresting left-hander after the longest straight on the course), and the corner 1/2 "chicane". It took me a while to get corners 9 (downhill left-hander) and 10 (uphill right-hander) right, but I've pretty much got it now. Well, at least I know when I've screwed it up .

I never felt comfortable in corner 3. It's not that the corner is particularly hard or "scary", but the exit got very dusty/dirty from so many people going off there. I inevitably "cheated" the track out a little, trying to stay out of the dicey area. Of course, the area wasn't really as dicey as I imagined as my instructor showed me when he took me around for a session in his car!

I really appreciate all the good information that ya'll provided in this thread, and watching the videos a number of times helped shorten the time it took for me to understand the course. I agree that the track facilities are not as good as MSR -- boy do I hate parking in the lower lot -- but they are still pretty good, and the PCA folks put on a first rate event.

Lastly, there were a couple of Miata's out there, but I don't think any of them (1) autocross or (2) hang out on this board. I told them about this group and encouraged them to check out a local AX sometime soon. I even lied and told them ya'll were a nice group of people...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123