Thread: 10AE on Ebay...BEAUTIFUL!!!

Default 10AE on Ebay...BEAUTIFUL!!!

That's nice, or everything except the ugly BRA. I love the 10AE's. Would make a good SO's miata.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Yea I've seen that one before. He only got up to about 11,500 last time I believe.

Nice, but no one will pay that kind of $$$ for a 10AE no matter how low miles and good condition it is. It is just not a collector car! It is meant to be driven! It may go for that kind osf money in another 10-20 years. Than again, after adjusting for inflation. It will continue to depreciate. The fair price may be around $10K. It is strange to have aftermarket tires on a 6K-miles car. Does not all the 10AE has the rear spoiler? The only thing it does not have what I wanted in a 10AE is ABS.
    Gabriel

The only options available on a 10AE were ABS and a hardtop. The U.S. Spec 10AE did not have a spoiler. The euro spec ones did but no foglights.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    ...It is strange to have aftermarket tires on a 6K-miles car.
    Tires will go bad in 10 years no mater the mileage. Hoses are not trust worthy at this point, nor is the timing belt or other belts.

Personal experience has proved this to me. I bought a low mileage vehicle once and had the heater core hose blow, which ended up causing the motor to overheat and the head to crack. I also had some tires that age, which luckily cracked open while I was parked overnight.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Yep she'll need new rubber all around. But that's not a big deal. I believe the limited slip was optional too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Yep she'll need new rubber all around. But that's not a big deal. I believe the limited slip was optional too.
    Nope - limited slip was standard on all 10AEs.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Driver
    Blog Entries

It is nice looking, but it seems 10AE prices must be falling, which will make it hard to sell. I just saw one in Austin listed for $5,500 with 145K, which seems lower than I remember ever seeing a 10AE that's all in one piece go for before.
    Mike Walsted - Not an expert, just a data point.
    1999 Miata
    2003 MIata
    1999 Miata
    2001 Kia Rio

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    Nice, but no one will pay that kind of $$$ for a 10AE no matter how low miles and good condition it is. It is just not a collector car! It is meant to be driven! It may go for that kind osf money in another 10-20 years. Than again, after adjusting for inflation. It will continue to depreciate. The fair price may be around $10K. It is strange to have aftermarket tires on a 6K-miles car. Does not all the 10AE has the rear spoiler? The only thing it does not have what I wanted in a 10AE is ABS.

I thought it was a little odd too to change out the rims from the original when everything else is original...I'd think for it to be truly collectable, it would need the original rims to go with it. I paid close to 10k for mine with 60k - everything on it is original, and I have the bra but took it off, also have a car cover for it that I have never had to use...yet.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by cArAzzIE View Post
    I thought it was a little odd too to change out the rims from the original when everything else is original...
    Those are the original rims. 10AE's had the polished 15" 5-spokes.

Suspension Modder

Production run of 7500 total is not what I would call particularly rare. Granted, that it is low relative to the total number of miatas being built in a given year. Not trying to take anything away from the miata anniversary edition. Looks like a nice car.
    Greg H.
    2002 Spec Miata

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Those are the original rims. 10AE's had the polished 15" 5-spokes.

Doh! Yeah I guess it was another car I was looking at...for some reason I thought he put different rims on it.

Up to $12,102 as of this posting and reserve still not met.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Up to $12,102 as of this posting and reserve still not met.
    I know it's got low miles and all, but JEEZ that's ridiculous... the seller must have some shill bidders working that deal...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Wow, the original sticker on the car was almost $30K. It's not too bad an asking price, I guess, for a car with those low miles and what reads like it's been taken care of properly.
    93LE #114

Not matter what the final sale price is. The minute the hammer drops, the price goes down a couple more notches. The price on the 10AE has been dropping! Granted this is a very nice example and has a matching hardtop, it is till too high! Why not kick in a few more grands and get a 10 year younger NC! No matter how good the 10AE is, I am sure any of the NC is better, unless you buy it as an eye candy!
    Gabriel