Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dallas Auto Show this weekend (Feb 18-22)

I hear you about the Z tail lights Nails, I haven't seen them in person but judging from what I've seen in pics and seeing the Maxima in person I doubt they will win me over, I don't mind the headlights though they look alright.

Just having mazda move the front side reflector into the foglight housing is enough for me to call the NC2 an improvement.
    John O.
    94R

I had one of those..........a Datsun 2000 that is! Thanks for the pics Rick, I am up in OK City working hail / tornado claims.

Quote Originally Posted by VFR750 View Post
    I had one of those..........a Datsun 2000 that is! Thanks for the pics Rick, I am up in OK City working hail / tornado claims.
    Thought you might appreciate the little Datsun...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Blog Entries

It's been what 19 years of Miatas now? You'd think they would figure out something for the front license plate. Geez!
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Good pics, RIck! We went last night, but I didn't bring a camera with me. A couple of random thoughts:

Camaro - I was pretty disappointed with the new Camaro. In person it just really doesn't have much presence at all, and the "retro look" styling cues don't really work for me. I wasn't impressed with the interior either.

Dodge Challenger - This was the first time I'd gotten up close and personal with one of these. I think Dodge nailed the retro look much better than GM, and the interior is more functional. This car also has a decent trunk - and a decent trunk opening. I'm not a big fan of two ton muscle cars, but if I had to buy one I'd take this over the new Camaro.

Porsche - Boo to Porsche for having all the display models locked this year. They weren't locked last year.

BMW Z4 s-Drive 3.5i coupe/convertible whatever-you-call-it - Cool car, stupid name. Very nice evolution of the current Z4, with a folding hard top. Looked like a fun car.

BMW X6 "Sports Activity Coupe" - What do you get when you take the trunk space of a very small sedan and meld it with the handling of an SUV? Apparently, you get the answer to a question no one was asking. This car makes absolutely no sense to me, and it cost over 60 grand. Yikes!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Altain, all I think of when people say things like that regarding the usefulness of the large sporty BMW SUVs and how M or fast versions of them are so pointless is that the original V8 X5 laps the Ring faster than the previous generation M3, so I don't really care if they aren't as sharp as the sedans/coupes or whatever, they still win in my book for making such a large vehicle so good at handling.
    John O.
    94R

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Good pics, RIck! We went last night, but I didn't bring a camera with me. A couple of random thoughts:

Camaro - I was pretty disappointed with the new Camaro. In person it just really doesn't have much presence at all, and the "retro look" styling cues don't really work for me. I wasn't impressed with the interior either.

Dodge Challenger - This was the first time I'd gotten up close and personal with one of these. I think Dodge nailed the retro look much better than GM, and the interior is more functional. This car also has a decent trunk - and a decent trunk opening. I'm not a big fan of two ton muscle cars, but if I had to buy one I'd take this over the new Camaro.

Porsche - Boo to Porsche for having all the display models locked this year. They weren't locked last year.

BMW Z4 s-Drive 3.5i coupe/convertible whatever-you-call-it - Cool car, stupid name. Very nice evolution of the current Z4, with a folding hard top. Looked like a fun car.

BMW X6 "Sports Activity Coupe" - What do you get when you take the trunk space of a very small sedan and meld it with the handling of an SUV? Apparently, you get the answer to a question no one was asking. This car makes absolutely no sense to me, and it cost over 60 grand. Yikes!
    I agree with altiain on all of his comments: Challenger over the Camaro, hardtop Z4 was pretty cool (maybe the coolest thing at the show), and I don't get the X6 (BMW's Aztec?). The Porsche display was very uninspiring . The most "exciting" thing there -- besides some very nice eye candy handing out brochures -- was the pink milkshake that some spilled on the hood of a green 997.2! The Dodge Zeo was the only concept car that interested me at all.

All-in-all, a pretty mediocre car show. Always fun, but nothing that special this year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Now the big question, will the new '09 front bumper setup fit the '06-08 model. Can't assume, but I really like that look. Might be a better investment to buy an '06 and replace the front bumper. Good job on the pics Rick.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12