Thread: WTB: Cheap header/exhaust manifold

Default WTB: Cheap header/exhaust manifold

I'm want to replace my exhaust manifold with in the next couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone has a stock manifold or even a cheap aftermarket header they'll part with for cheap. My car is a California car so it has a cat on the manifold and it probability beat to crap with all the fuel my car is dumping due to my compression issue. So I wanna get rid of it and see if it helps a bit while I gather funds for another engine.

So anyone? if not, how much might a used stock one cost?
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5
    Tien S-Techs, Torsen, Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Deleted cat, 01 exhaust manifold (cat delete), custom short ram, JR Plug Wires, Autopower Rollbar, 01+ bumper and smoked headlights with 6000K HID, tinted tails and corners, Enkei RSF-2 16x7 for daily and stock 14" for the track.

I picked up a Raceland header on eBay for my 1.6 for <$100. So far, so good.

yea i have my eye on one of those as an option as well but for the 1.8 its about $160 shipped so I'm considering other possibilities first.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5
    Tien S-Techs, Torsen, Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Deleted cat, 01 exhaust manifold (cat delete), custom short ram, JR Plug Wires, Autopower Rollbar, 01+ bumper and smoked headlights with 6000K HID, tinted tails and corners, Enkei RSF-2 16x7 for daily and stock 14" for the track.

Mazda-Nissan Heaven in Kennedale will have OEM's, and cheap. Probably $35 if you walk out into the yard and pull it yourself.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I'll ask gary if he'll sell a stock header. We have a few.

^ Cool, thanks!
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5

Well I went to a couple of salvage yards today and nada. mazda heaven didn't even have a single NB and all others either didn't have one or just weren't willing to give it up.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5

Bummer. I didn't realize that would be a hard-to-find item. Have you checked Flyin Miata's salvage list?
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

No but shipping would bump the price a bit, I might just end up getting one from Gary.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5

Tire Warmer

Talking Just pulled the stocker. . .

Not sure if dad wants to sell, but we just pulled the stock exhaust and installed new stuff last weekend. I will ask him if he is willing to part with it and for how much. Not sure what shipping would be from Virginia Beach to Texas, but may be reasonable. Let me know if you are interested and how much you are willing to pay?

I don't think I'm willing to pay enough for you guys to bother trying to ship it. I'm trying to save my pennies for another engine.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5