Thread: Sorry about the advertising and the lack of a shift key.

Default Sorry about the advertising and the lack of a shift key.

Hello there,

I'm just trying to get to know more Miata owners. I know a couple in Lonestar, but I just want to meet some more. I am a former marine, an Iraqi vet, interest include watching and participating in racing. I am pretty good on a quarter mile but havent caught the turns yet. Plan on purchasing a Mazdaspeed 6 (I know yall will probably laugh) in the spring.

Thank you and sorry about earlier,
    Charles Wright

Welcome to the forum, Charles!

Hopefully we can introduce you to some other forms of racing - not that there's anything wrong with drag racing, but there are other motorsports that are much more entertaining, imho.

No need to be embarrassed about wanting a Mazdaspeed6 - looks like it's going to be quite a car. Any word yet on pricing?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Default mazdaspeed 6

Well as far as we know they are supposed to be under 30,000. Have you heard what mitsu is doing in return to the release of this 6?

I'm sure that whatever Mitsu does it will include the wonderful self-destructing warranty that disappears at the slightest hint of AutoX or Performance Driving.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome back Charles! We don't discriminate against what type of racing you enjoy. It's all good!

Default Re: Sorry about the advertising and the lack of a shift key.

Quote Originally Posted by eldoradomazda
    I am a former marine
    You're always a Marine! My brother is currently in the military...I have the highest of regards and utmost respect for anyone who's served in the military.

I dig the new 6... my wife and I have been looking for a new ride for her... but she's got her eye on a Beetle.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I have the highest of regards and utmost respect for anyone who's served in the military.
    True what Bean says, but I also hear he has a fetish for uniforms.... :P

my wife and I have been looking for a new ride for her...
    That's just too easy...

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    my wife and I have been looking for a new ride for her...
    That's just too easy...

Default Lava Orange Mica and Black Mica

Hey y'all are meeting wed night at Kedavi, right? Mind if I bring the two new colors in Mazdaspeed Miatas? It will be no pressure and you don't have to worry about the whole dealership experience. If so just let me know.

Default Re: Lava Orange Mica and Black Mica

Hey y'all are meeting wed night at Kedavi, right? Mind if I bring the two new colors in Mazdaspeed Miatas? It will be no pressure and you don't have to worry about the whole dealership experience. If so just let me know.
    Oohhh... someone take some pics of the Lava Orange. I can't be there tomorrow, but I still want to see what one looks like.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Fine by me... I look forward to seeing them! I'll remember my jacket, even...

Doh! I'll be working.

Actually it'll be fun. Driving a FedEx truck down to Dallas for Toys for Tots. I might even be on TV! Channel 8
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Default Re: Lava Orange Mica and Black Mica

is there a suggestion box involved???

more power...
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Quote Originally Posted by droptop
    Doh! I'll be working.

Actually it'll be fun. Driving a FedEx truck down to Dallas for Toys for Tots. I might even be on TV! Channel 8
    Hmmm... FedEx truck... Sig says "Drive it Like you Stole it..."

You could very well make Channel 8! I think 33 should make up a story that you did steal it, and run that. It would be good entertainment, and I bet it would double the viewership (to 20) of the news on 33.

/me waits patiently for 3bean to wake up and take offense at that last comment...

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    /me waits patiently for 3bean to wake up and take offense at that last comment...
    Hey, when the choir sings the truth, who am I to stop them from singing!

Default I have an idea

If anyone wants to drive that cant make it to Kedavi, I can talk to my store director and setup a sunday get together here at Eldorado (we cant talk you into buying on sunday no banks are open, hahaha). Just let me know what y'all think. Or if anyone has any better ideas?

I'd be up for a Sunday test drive.

Can you get the keys to a few cars?

Dream list:

Mazdaspeed MX-5
    RX-8 (Stick and paddle shift slushy-box)
    6 - V6 5spd (wagon or 5 door)
    3 - 5 door 5 spd

Guess that's about it.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)