Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NTAXS Autocross Event #1, 3/21/2009, Pennington Field

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    3R for you.

Ditto.

Ok now you have reached the level of Douche Clown.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Do Douche Clowns ride in Douche canoes?
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned View Post
    Do Douche Clowns ride in Douche canoes?
    No. A white Miata with blue stripes.

Wow, it's tough being on top. I wonder if SoloRX7 has to go through all of this?

I will be there

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Wow, it's tough being on top. I wonder if SoloRX7 has to go through all of this?
    You've never been to a board meeting? Yes he does - you should hire him as your mentor. We'll bring in the pro's when you think you're ready to say, "Shut up or leave. Your choice."
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    ready to say, "Shut up or leave. Your choice."
    Please let me know when you need that guy.

lots of douche-baggery in here.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

I noticed that all of the turns in my course were left, so I reversed the direction on the inner loop so you have right turns for the sake of your right-side tires.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Driver

oh man... that's going to be a dizzy one!

I noticed that all of the turns in my course were left, so I reversed the direction on the inner loop so you have right turns for the sake of your right-side tires.
    Jarret, you basically have drivers choosing when to leave the "loop".

Loop + Adrenaline + 1st event for several drivers = Bad day.

Doom & Gloom! What's Mr. Safety say about this....Hal?

It'll be just a question of how many people take the "loop" too many times or .......not enough times.

Just an opinion.
    Last edited by autoxmax; 02-26-2009 at 06:00 PM.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

+1 - I know Pennington doesn't give you a lot of options, but this seems like a rather complex course, given the target audience (i.e., non-SCCA types).

Maybe you should try something a little simpler? I know there have been entertaining courses at Pennington before that didn't involve loops.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Driver

haha... like the guy with the firebird! Or that one guy that came in the miata one time. DNFed almost every run. I thought he was going to go postal on someone. Nice guy though :)

Yep, it's a tough course -- the first time you take a right, the second time you take a left.

If you design a Pennington course without a loop, you get one of two things: complaints about the short track or complaints about only getting one car at a time on the course.

Sheesh, now I know why other clubs do not pre-post the courses. Give me a chance to succeed before you tell me I failed.

If you design a Pennington course without a loop, you get one of two things: complaints about the short track or complaints about only getting one car at a time on the course.
    No loop, simple to follow for the newbs, resonable length and everyone I talked to liked it.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I couldn't even decide which way to go. Back to the original is my vote.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by autocrosspicturesnet View Post
    No loop, simple to follow for the newbs, resonable length and everyone I talked to liked it.
    Yep, but too bad it does not meet SCCA safety requirements. You need 75' between paths where two cars could converge. I tried to push that envelope before at an SCCA event and Hal made me change it. I would expect him to do the same for an NTAXS event, too. That is not to say that your course is not safe, but it just does not meet our safety rules.

You all act as if this is the first course at Pennington with a loop. My very first autocross event was at Pennington on a looping course. Yes, I DNF'd three of my five runs, but it was not because I messed up the loop -- I kept getting lost up near Central Dr. And it was raining. And it was all up hill. Okay, maybe not the last part.

The course is the course.

As I am doing the novice walk through, I will make sure that all the novices know allllll about the loop. I would think the rest of us could figure it out...If not, tag along in the back of the novice walk though pack....I won't tell a soul.

Good course Jarrett!
    Stuart F. Maxcy
    STR 82
    NC Miata

Driver

Hey, I just read the rules and I wanted to verify something since I've never been to a NTAXS/S2k autox before.

It sounds like you "hotlap," not returning to grid after each run. There will be a place to cool down your tires & intercooler right? (it sounded like there would be in the rules, but I just wanted to make sure).

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    Hey, I just read the rules and I wanted to verify something since I've never been to a NTAXS/S2k autox before.

It sounds like you "hotlap," not returning to grid after each run. There will be a place to cool down your tires & intercooler right? (it sounded like there would be in the rules, but I just wanted to make sure).
    They usually have cars in groups of 5-10 running the course, so after you finish your run, you get back in line and are back out there in under 5 minutes. They have an area for you to pull out of line and spray your tires if needed. I had run 4 or 5 of their events and never seen any other format. I got slapped around pretty good when I tried that at my first ER event.
    Last edited by Titus; 02-27-2009 at 09:31 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast