Thread: Miata World II Admission 4 sale

Default Miata World II Admission 4 sale

My wife has decided that she doesn't want to do Miata World II with me, so I am looking to sell her ticket. It cost me $300, but I will take $250. May 22 - 25, 2009. Includes dinner Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the Gaylord, Track/autocross events Saturday and Sunday at TMS, door prizes, a chance to win a 20th Anniversary Edition MX-5, and more.

https://ww2.eventrebels.com/er/Event...04&ItemID=9659

I also have a room booked at the Gaylord for Fri, Sat, and Sun night, but at this point I plan on canceling it. If someone is interested in splitting the cost with me, I might consider keeping it.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    My wife has decided that she doesn't want to do me.
    Ouch.....

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Ouch.....
    Please... I've been married 15 years. That decision came years ago.

Talking

Please... I've been married 15 years. That decision came years ago.

Well, at least he's honest!
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

PM sent.

I may be interested. My cousin, who will be my guest, was supposed to register before he went on his honeymoon but I don't think he did. He's not coming back until after the Feb 28 cut-off. And, having just footed the bill for his own wedding, he'll probably appreciate the $50 discount.

I'll let you know ASAP.

Thats what the wives friends are for "an extended network of sexual intrests"
    99 Miata Black

the link says registration extended to March 31

wonder if that means not as many people registered as they had hoped by this time

the agenda doesn't list a Friday Track Dog event

only lists events Sat and Sun at TMS

what's up with that?
    2009 MX-5 STR and track toy
    2003 Z06 -- Not a Miata, but 3200# and 400 RWHP is fun
    OTM -- 2012 Sierra, 2016 Impala (Appliances)

My wife has decided that she doesn't want to do Miata World II with me.
    I am sure she will want to come if you tell her you will find a female friend to take her place!
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by nealb View Post
    the link says registration extended to March 31

wonder if that means not as many people registered as they had hoped by this time

the agenda doesn't list a Friday Track Dog event

only lists events Sat and Sun at TMS

what's up with that?
    Yes, attendances is lower than expected, so they extended the deadline. They expected/hoped for 1000 registrations but last I heard had just over 600.

The Track Dog event at MSR on Friday is not connected to the MWII Event. All MWII track and autocross events will be held Saturday and Sunday at TMS. I believe that Track Dog decided to piggyback off of the MW event in hopes of filling all of the spots.

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    I am sure she will want to come if you tell her you will find a female friend to take her place!
    You don't know my wife very well.

so who are the people putting on this event?

do they know what they are doing as far as running smooth, well-organized events?

don't see an autocross specifically listed as an event
    2009 MX-5 STR and track toy
    2003 Z06 -- Not a Miata, but 3200# and 400 RWHP is fun
    OTM -- 2012 Sierra, 2016 Impala (Appliances)

Quote Originally Posted by nealb View Post
    so who are the people putting on this event?

do they know what they are doing as far as running smooth, well-organized events?

don't see an autocross specifically listed as an event
    The event is being put on by Lone Star Miata Club (the local Miata club) in conjunction with Mazda North America. It is my understanding that they have hired SCCA to run all track and autocross events at TMS, including providing of all course workers.

On the MWII home page, it states "Oval track, road course, and autocross track events at Texas Motor Speedway".

From the FAQ page:

Track Events

What can you tell me about the track events?
    -All track events will be held at Texas Motor Speedway, (www.texasmotorspeedway.com).
    -All events will be operated and managed by the Texas Region SCCA.
    -There will be a portion of the Grand Stands available for viewing events.
    -Food and drink will be available for purchase at TMS.
    What about the planned track events?
    -Track events are for FUN. All may run as much as you want, with no set time, and in consideration of others wanting to run as well.
    You will get in line, run the track, and go to the next event, or run the track again (after getting back in line), for as long as the event is open.
    -The currently planned events include:
    • Autocross - Autocross will be timed and awards will be given to the best times in a number of classes. Opportunities for all skills levels, including newbies, will be provided.
    • Parade and Hot laps on the Infield Road Course- the infield road course will be set up much like a giant autocross. You will not be driving wheel-to-wheel, but at your own pace. Novices will not be intimidated by experienced drivers.
    • Parade and Hot laps on the High Bank Oval - You will have a chance to drive the TMS quad-oval. The format of that specific event is still being planned, but you will have the opportunity to use the speed with which you are comfortable.

Is there any required equipment?
    -Helmets ARE required for all events (loaners are available on site)You may use your own as long as the helmet meets SCCA requirements which will be published prior to the event.
    -You will need close toed shoes (no open shoes)
    -Roll Bars are NOT required for any event
    -Anyone, of any skill level, may run any/all of the events. You will be grouped according to your comfort level.
    What is a funcana?
    -A funcana is an event where you play games, safely, in your car. The Central Florida Miata Club has a great explanation at http://www.invisiblesun.org/Funcana/.
    What must my car have?
    -Prior to being allowed to participate in driving events your car must pass a technical inspection. Tech Inspection is there to make sure your car meets basic safety qualifications. Tech will check for :
    • A secured battery
    • Loose wheel bearings
    • Loose wheels
    • Wheel covers and center caps removed
    • Tire condition
    • Positive response on your accelerator (throttle spring)
    • Good pressure in your brake system
    • General viewing of obvious structural elements
    • In addition, one of the requirements to run is that your vehicle is emptied of all loose objects, from floor mats to loose change, and tech makes sure youve done that. Any items that are not part of the interior (Cameras, GPS devices, fire extinguishers, etc) must be securely mounted.
    • If tech determines that your car is not safe you wont be allowed to participate in driving events. Tech inspectors will communicate the specific reasons for not passing, and will work with participants as much as possible to help them pass. Tech exists to help keep our operation safe.

Bought and paid for. Lockerup!