Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge #1, March 8, 2009 - Mineral Wells

BenCronin04

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    It takes a bit for them to get uploaded. Patience :)
    Oh ok. I just wasn't sure if I was missing them because others were talking about their placement.

9 cars in STS(2) !

going to be a fun season with lots of unexpected twists given the tire situation -- trying to figure out what new size/brand is "best"

congrats to Steve E on 2nd place

hard work over the winter paid off
    2009 MX-5 STR and track toy
    2003 Z06 -- Not a Miata, but 3200# and 400 RWHP is fun
    OTM -- 2012 Sierra, 2016 Impala (Appliances)

Talking

It was a fun event would have been nice if I had remembered my sunscreen....

Had a co-driver at this event which was pretty nice, learned a few things from Lost216. It is nice to get a second opinion on your setup. We both agreed that last years worn out Kumho's were a bad ideal, but suprising they lasted for the 12 runs we put on the car yeasterday!

The car finished 2nd and 3rd in CS so all in all not that bad of a start to '09!
    Last edited by POS Racing; 03-09-2009 at 10:15 AM. Reason: fish sperkin eras

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    It was a fun event would have been nice if I had remembered my sunscreen....

Had a co-driver at this event which was pretty nice, learned a few things from Lost216. It is nice to get a second opinion on your setup. We both agreed that last years worn out Kumho's were a bad ideal, but suprising they lasted for the 12 runs we put on the car yeasterday!

The car finished 2nd and 3rd in CS so all in all not that bad of a start to '09!
    Should have run his R1R "cheater tires"
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

BenCronin04

Are places posted somewhere yet?

Quote Originally Posted by BenCronin04 View Post
    Are places posted somewhere yet?
    How many times you going to ask this question?

ER will post results shortly it normal takes them a day or 2.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Should have run his R1R "cheater tires"
    But they are new! And I need them as daily driver tires, I just couldn't sacrifice them to the tarmac at Mineral Wells.

How many times you going to ask this question?

ER will post results shortly it normal takes them a day or 2.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

BenCronin04

Just wondering cause people keep coming in here saying what place they got. Settle down now.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Where are the results?!?!?!

Just wondering cause people keep coming in here saying what place they got. Settle down now.
    If you don't know where you placed then you probably don't want to see the results anyway
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    If you don't know where you placed then you probably don't want to see the results anyway
    LOL you are mean!

Were you at the event BenCronin04?? During the event results are posted on the sandwich boards by the trailer.

And at the end of the event they have an awards presentation where they tell you who the trophy winners were, did ya run home early??

Plus if you ask nice enough they will even show you the sheets after the event is over.

BenCronin04

LOL you are mean!

Were you at the event BenCronin04?? During the event results are posted on the sandwich boards by the trailer.

And at the end of the event they have an awards presentation where they tell you who the trophy winners were, did ya run home early??

Plus if you ask nice enough they will even show you the sheets after the event is over.

Yeah I went home early. I saw the sandwich board and asked the guy putting stuff on it what it ment and he said he had no idea he was just putting stuff on it. But yeah I had to run home early because the gf was with me and she was getting a little hot and tired. I made her get up at 6 which really felt like 5 to come watch me race half a day. So we left a little early.

Ya did do your work assignment before ya took her home didn't ya??

Are the results up yet?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

BenCronin04

Ya did do your work assignment before ya took her home didn't ya??
    Yeah. I worked first, ran second.

Talking

Yeah. I worked first, ran second.
    Just checking since you are a newbie/civic owner.

Driver

Hey Ben, when the results come out, if you are not in Novice, then you need to talk to the ER staff. I was doing timing and you weren't in the Novice group in the system so your times *might* end up in the wrong section.

And sorry for all the 2nd heat timing issues. Something kept blowing across the timing lights (or they kept moving) after SS 52 took the finish line out so we kept getting these 14 - 50 second runs recorded. I'm sure everyone hated all their reruns :)

BenCronin04

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    Hey Ben, when the results come out, if you are not in Novice, then you need to talk to the ER staff. I was doing timing and you weren't in the Novice group in the system so your times *might* end up in the wrong section.

And sorry for all the 2nd heat timing issues. Something kept blowing across the timing lights (or they kept moving) after SS 52 took the finish line out so we kept getting these 14 - 50 second runs recorded. I'm sure everyone hated all their reruns :)
    Yeah thats what I though. Cause after I ran my first times I heard them say, "Benjamin Romans in with a 84. whatever. He is currently 1st place in ST." And I was like, what about novice??? How would I get ahold of the ER staff. It even said "1NST" on my car. Oh and btw if that was your evo out there, which I'm assuming if was, let me know when you get tired of it. That thing is beautiful.

Driver

It will be about 2 years before I cycle cars. I don't think you'll want it in two years

Your car said NST 1, but the computer said ST. It was my first time running timing so I didn't know what the heck I was supposed to do when the computer was messed up. They do an audit before they post things officially, so I'm sure they'll fix it up.

You weren't the only one wrong in the computer. There was a Miata in N that wasn't in right as well as another miata that didn't have his Rapide Pax entry in correctly.

I think between it being the butt crack of dawn, the STS->ST & STS2-STS fiasco and the first event of the season things didn't run as smoothly as they have in the past. We also needed someone more experienced on the radio on turn 1 and 2. Getting cone calls of "Control, corner 1, that black miata that was before the white miata that just finished had a cone" or "Control, corner 2, 1 cone on #7" (no class designation). Not a huge deal, but it make keeping track of the cone calls a bit harder.

The email addresses of the board members is in the InformER: http://autocross.com/er/InformER2_09.pdf

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast