Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John need tire.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Well you were flipping and flopping so much figured you switched yet again!
    Put down the funnel cake and pay attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Put down the funnel cake and pay attention!

What?

What?
    Damn ... that's just like the one my daughter bought at the fair last weekend, and wanted to bring home because it was too hot to eat. I spent 10 minutes vacuuming up all of the powdered sugar from the black miata interior when we got home. On the bright side, she wasn't very hungry and ended up giving 1/2 of it to me.

Thanks for the push toward getting me to spend the little extra money everybody, I didn't think I could get really nice tires for this price but I think I will really like these if they last long enough for me. I will post street and track impressions after Laguna if anyone is interested.
    John O.
    94R

My bet is you LOVE them on the drive out there.
    You will think they are fabulous on the track.
    The drive home - 50/50 depending on how square they are AFTER being on the track!
    Good Luck!

What do you mean by square? How evenly they wear based on my alignment?
    John O.
    94R

Blog Entries

He means they will have so many flat spots from the off track excursions that they aren't round anymore. Good luck out there and don't break anything! The bus ride will suck. I guess you could cram two unmounted tires in the passenger seat, one in the trunk and one behind the seats and mount them out there. Ah, to be young again.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

No I think I am going to have to get them mounted here because I will have clothes and stuff for a 1 week visit to my Dad in LA plus helmet and other stuff, oh and probably Guinness my dog, so yea it will be tight fit. The dog won't be coming out to the track, unfortunately, but he will probably come out to visit my dad with me and stay with him during the weekend.

Is that really what he meant? Was he being sarcastic or what? I'm thoroughly confused.
    John O.
    94R

Blog Entries

I did the Iron Butt rally on a road bike many years ago touching all the lower 48 states in 30 days, 11,314 miles. My tire sizes were unusual (Brit bike) and I had tires shipped to strategic locations on the route. I wish I was young enough to bounce to California in a Miata. I think I would have to trailer it now to prevent crippling myself. Not the actual bike but really close.
    Stripe Das Sape

Quote Originally Posted by JuanoTejano View Post
    Is that really what he meant? Was he being sarcastic or what? I'm thoroughly confused.
    Yes- Creek understood. A few lockups and slides and you may have a flat spot or two. All part of the experience.

We all envy your journey! Have enough fun for all of us.

Flat spots don't happen from off track excursions, they happen from lokcing up the brakes (which often precedes an off track excursion). Go easy on the brakes and they ought to stay nice and round.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Speaking of which, you might also want to procure a spare set of brake pads for this trip. I have no idea how hard Laguna Seca is on brakes (the virtual versions I've driven have a couple of heavy braking zones, but I have no idea how well that translates to a Miata in the real world), but between track time and a 3400-mile road trip I'd want to have a spare set of pads.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Talking

These are some Fat 195's!

Sweet... can you measure the actual width?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Sweet... can you measure the actual width?
    I could but without the promise of a funnel cake I'm just not in the measuring mood.

Stacked beside my 205/50/15 Kumho 710's the pile is the exact same height... Looks like just under 8.5" sidewall to sidewall.

I could but without the promise of a funnel cake I'm just not in the measuring mood.

Stacked beside my 205/50/15 Kumho 710's the pile is the exact same height... Looks like just under 8.5" sidewall to sidewall.
    Just take a drive to Firewheel mall in Garland... The fair will be there for another week.

Are your Kumhos mounted? If so, they'll be a bit narrower than they would be unmounted, since you've got them on 6" wheels.
    Iain

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Are your Kumhos mounted? If so, they'll be a bit narrower than they would be unmounted, since you've got them on 6" wheels.
    Good point the Kumho are my "oh shit" spares I keep here at the world headquarters no rims on them.

Now I gotta get these bad boys installed!

I live the smell of new rubber!

Blog Entries

You guys may have gotten the last set. Tire Rack is not showing any 15" left. They are selling the new RE-11 at $120 per. At least the list price didn't go up.
    Stripe Das Sape

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast