Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB Front Lip

Default WTB Front Lip

Anyone have a stock or aftermarket front lip for a NA they want to part with for something less than an arm and a leg? Anyone know where to get one? from Rosenthal they are up to $199... should have bought it in October when it was $140 with free shipping. DOH!

Lowe's = all your lip needs. jk
    http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...6/hjgl-1-1.jpg
    MONSTER TRUCK! ready to be dropped....

I had been debating it; the foam look is ok.... but i really want the real deal. $140 was do-able... $200 makes me cringe.

anybody? Even a cheap source?

Very popular item, rare because there are so many Miatas that came w/o one, and it fits all of them. Right up there with the instrument cluster cover. Supply<demand=$$
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I bought mine a while back from Town North, and they price-matched the cheapest online price I could find - which, at the time, was $160 from Rosenthal Mazda. No extra shipping charges, and they didn't even ask for the source of my price. Sooooo, you could probably talk them down a little off that $199. It's worth a shot, no?

BTW, Brian is the guy I usually talk to there.

Also, FWIW, I read on M.net sometime last year that Mazda was having problems getting those lips from their vendor. It's my understanding that they were unavailable for a while, so that surely knocked the pricing out of whack.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

thats correct. i was about to buy one.... and then they were unavailable.... when they came back they were $160 and had free shipping.....

I'm kicking myself now.

I want one too!!
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

I'm tellin' ya... try Town North and low-ball them on the price. See if they'll match it.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

FYI - there is a group buy on R-package OEM-style front lips on miata.net @ $150:

http://www.rspeed.net/product_p/na00790974.htm
    Polished Turd Racing

^ yea just get you and 57 of your friends to order one and then in about 2 years YOU CAN HAVE A LIP!
    John O.
    94R

hmmm... thats the price i want to spend; but 2 years?

Juan, you are the consummate pessimist! :) I'll bet there are 10 people just on here that would get in on this. There's bound to be 60 of us out there! That group buy does include F+R lips towards the total of 60, os a few who buy both will drop the number quickly.
    Polished Turd Racing

im jumping on the front as soon as i can figure out the free shipping. i got to the checkout and couldn't get it to ship free. I think i just want the front.......

Blog Entries

Considering how often you have to replace the !@#$%^%$# thing, there is always going to be a demand.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Your right I am definitely a pessimist, It probably won't be 2 years because the GB expires this month .

If I have money when I get back form Laguna then I'll get one, but I still really doubt that it will reach the 57 it now needs (they sold 1 today.... 1)
    John O.
    94R

Quote Originally Posted by creek View Post
    Considering how often you have to replace the !@#$%^%$# thing, there is always going to be a demand.

Eh???

Well, I ordered the front lip, so we shall see :)

Do i need the rear lip too?........

Quote Originally Posted by creek View Post
    True... mine's already cracked and the paint's scraped all to hell.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sxk122 View Post
    Eh???
    Pot holes, driveways, parking bumpers, curbs, road debris, truck recaps, animals (bobcats), road dips, speed bumps, etc..etc...ad infinitum
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast