Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new to miatas

^It's 12 fiddy now. Stupid recession.

Swiftracing reminds me of a Ron White joke. Thank you to whoever stole my radio, I got to drive back to Texas for 18 hours listening to nothing but the wind, it's catchy.
    John O.
    94R

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    You'll love how easy the Miata is to upgrade and maintain! FAR easier than a Honda for water pump/tb changes, etc.

Other than that, the engine is just about bulletproof and will happily bounce off of the rev limiter and will easily survive missed downshifts. Honda engines won't survive those types of things well at all.
    Hate to sound like a honda fanboy on a mazda forum, but what the hell are you talking about? t-belt/waterpump replacement is similar.

..and since when are hondas engines considered unreliable? maybe I haven't researched deep enough into miatas, but I've yet to come across 120hp/liter+ N/A miatas revving to 10k+.

not really sure what you mean by missed downshifts either, are you reffering to weak synchros?

/rant

Not if you break a belt!

Quote Originally Posted by sprayed View Post
    ..and since when are hondas engines considered unreliable?
    120hp/liter+ N/A revving to 10k+
    Is that why Honda quit making them?

Quote Originally Posted by sprayed View Post
    Hate to sound like a honda fanboy on a mazda forum, but what the hell are you talking about? t-belt/waterpump replacement is similar.

..and since when are hondas engines considered unreliable? maybe I haven't researched deep enough into miatas, but I've yet to come across 120hp/liter+ N/A miatas revving to 10k+.

not really sure what you mean by missed downshifts either, are you reffering to weak synchros?

/rant
    I'm referring to missing 4th gear and putting it into 2nd... Resulting in broken valve keepers and valves dropped into the engines. If you get lucky enough to not break the keeper you will have stretched them and will need to replace them before they break and drop a valve into the engine.

TB/WP is on the front of the engine which is at the front of the engine bay on a Miata, not on the passenger side of some FWD beast crammed against a strut tower. THAT makes it easier. (Yes, S2K is RWD, but the rest of the fanboy crowd gets to play with FWD)

Oh, and like Rogue mentioned, don't break a timing belt on a Honda! $$$$

If you break one on a Miata, you'll be parked at the side of the road until you get towed and a new belt installed. On a Honda you'll end up with screwed up valves and possibly pistons to go with that belt. Hopefully it doesn't end up with cylinder wall damage to add further insult to the injury.

Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by JuanoTejano View Post
    ^It's 12 fiddy now. Stupid recession.

Swiftracing reminds me of a Ron White joke. Thank you to whoever stole my radio, I got to drive back to Texas for 18 hours listening to nothing but the wind, it's catchy.

I remind you of a Ron White Joke? Spill it I want to hear the joke.
    MSM 04 VR
    Swift DB2 No 87 Black and Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftracing View Post
    I remind you of a Ron White Joke? Spill it I want to hear the joke.
    He did...

"Thank you to whoever stole my radio, I got to drive back to Texas for 18 hours listening to nothing but the wind, it's catchy. "

^ lol

I was comparing to B16 motors to keep things in perspective. I would say it's because their customers would feel cheated buying a new car with 1988 technology. I hope you dont think jz and rb motors are crappy because they're no longer in production. and it's not like Mazda's own 13b has remain unchanged.

I did a little bit of reading on non interference engines. Interesting, and good news for us miata owners, but it's hardly an argument for a better engine. reminds me of the pushrod vs ovh argument.

strut tower doesn't get in the way of a t-belt change. labor rates are similar for both cars FWIW.

I love my miata but it's not the engine that makes it great :)

Oh, it is $12.50, and be sure to tell them it's for me. But before you do, let me go put my hands on the radio. I think I know where it's as but I'd like to make sure.

http://forums.dfwmiata.com/payments.php?
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

do you got the radio ? lol

where do i put your name?
    all i do is click the mme supporter and high light 12.50 and click order?

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    He did...

"Thank you to whoever stole my radio, I got to drive back to Texas for 18 hours listening to nothing but the wind, it's catchy. "
    Sorry a little slow on the uptake. I get it now. The brain didn t see what I was typing.
    MSM 04 VR
    Swift DB2 No 87 Black and Blue

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 1.8-M View Post
    do you got the radio ? lol

where do i put your name?
    all i do is click the mme supporter and high light 12.50 and click order?
    Yep, found the radio under a bed, and it's yours if you want it.

Also, I think you're on the right course to donate to the forum. I'll send you my info via e-mail.

TD
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

good guy..now i jus got to figure out why i have no sound nor static.umm

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by 1.8-M View Post
    good guy..now i jus got to figure out why i have no sound nor static.umm

thanks again
    Did you cleanup the volume knob? Is the speaker plug attached until it clips? Antanae attached?

Let's start with something a little more simple.

Have you pulled the door panels to see if there are any speakers installed?
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    Let's start with something a little more simple.

Have you pulled the door panels to see if there are any speakers installed?
    LOL, yea, that should be a good place to start. However the volume knob was having some minor issues, so if he didn't open it up and clean it out it, then the volume may not be rising.

yup i just check all the speakers and they are hook up...and i took off the faceunit to clean the volume and no luck...

so then i putin a cd to check that with volume and still no luck...freakncd player didnt even eject my hannah montana cd....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12